Battery life??

I got the Sansa Clip+ about a month ago and used it sparingly, had to charge only twice. All of a sudden, in the last 2 days, it doesn’t seem to hold a charge - I charged it fully last night, listened to it for about 30 minutes, and the battery is critically low today!

What’s going on?

I have a similar battery charging problem with a recently purchased Clip+.  I bought the 8GB version with fw 01.02.15 three weeks ago and immediately charged it overnight.  I took the unit off the charge and made sure it was turned off.  Two days later I took it to the gym and there was no charge as soon as I turned it on.  I plugged it and charged it and seemed to have no problems after that.  But once again this week I used it to listen to FM radio, then plugged it in after showing low charge.  The next morning I found that the unit had not charged at all, but instead had continued to discharge.  I power cycled the player and then continued charging.  This time the unit got charged.  In both instances of failing to charge I had observed the charging icon in action so there was some positive indication that the charger was working.

I have another 4GB Clip+ running firmware 01.02.13 that has not had this problem, so I don’t know if this charging problem is related to fw 01.02.15, new unit break-in (a theory discussed a while back in the forums), or my unit is a flaky one.

My unfortunate hunch is, one-off flakiness requiring replacement (at the retailer or via SanDisk under warranty).

My unfortunate hunch is, one-off flakiness requiring replacement (at the retailer or via SanDisk under warranty).

In case the firmware became corrupted, you could try reapplying it (see the firmware upgrade sticky at the top of the forum). 

So last night I charged it fully, then made sure I stopped the music before turning it off, and today it’s at full charge still. I think maybe I didn’t do that before (stop the music)? Try that and let me know if it works… I’m thinking that even if I didn’t stop the music before, it shouldn’t fully discharge overnight though…?

That’s happened to me before as well–perhaps aided by the absence of a dedicated stop button on the Clip?  Not surprising that the Clip would be out of power in the morning, especially if you had played some the eve before, leading to more than 10 hours of use.