Backlight?

When i first got this a couple days ago (fuze 2gb), it was the correct brightness, then would lower to a darker setting after 15-20sec or so.  Now it goes from dark, to black everytime i do anything…If i use any button, it goes black.  It’s like the backlight died…  After 2 min of waiting for the thing to come back on from black, evertime i moved from one setting to another, i finally made it to the reset to factory reset, and reset it.  Which did nothing except make it go black for 5-10 sec, pretty much the same as doing anything else…  So i downloaded the sansa updater, and updated the firmware.  After updating, and turning it back on, it came up exactly the same.  Should i take it back to the store and get a replacement?

@apesoccer wrote:

When i first got this a couple days ago (fuze 2gb), it was the correct brightness, then would lower to a darker setting after 15-20sec or so.  Now it goes from dark, to black everytime i do anything…If i use any button, it goes black.  It’s like the backlight died…  After 2 min of waiting for the thing to come back on from black, evertime i moved from one setting to another, i finally made it to the reset to factory reset, and reset it.  Which did nothing except make it go black for 5-10 sec, pretty much the same as doing anything else…  So i downloaded the sansa updater, and updated the firmware.  After updating, and turning it back on, it came up exactly the same.  Should i take it back to the store and get a replacement?

YUP. Its Defective… This has happened before… Its not a common occurrence but at the same time it is a known problem 

i have heard of 1 other person that had this issue and the device was defective and had to be replaced. you should return this one top the store and have them replace it. 

Thx guys.  I’ll see if my wife still has the receipt.