Backlight Options.. 60 sec max ?

curently there is no option for the backlight to always be on. can we expect this in a firmware upgrade soon ? if not have an option for it to always be on when the unit is plugged into the power cord. 60 seconds max just isn’t enough.

Personally i don’t see why you’d need longer than 60 seconds to view which artist or song u want… unless you’re thinking about it really REALLY hard. Plus with a smaller battery life than the View, you probably wouldn’t want it eating the battery… unless as you stated it was connected to power. But in reference to your question, i suppose it would be fairly easy to add Always On to the list. My recommendation is to post a thread in the “Feature Request” category thing in the main forum page

thanks for your point to the feature request forum. as for the rest of your post, not everyone uses their player just to play artist or track as you seem to. i use mine plugged into the charger while driving listening to audio books and trying out new music i’m unfamiliar with and to not just be able to glance at the screen to see what it is makes this player unfunctional to my needs. 

it may seem silly to your use, but my fuze is being returned for another e200 because of this inconvience. the removal of features no matter how trivial is never considered an upgrade in my eyes.

@core wrote:

thanks for your point to the feature request forum. as for the rest of your post, not everyone uses their player just to play artist or track as you seem to. i use mine plugged into the charger while driving listening to audio books and trying out new music i’m unfamiliar with and to not just be able to glance at the screen to see what it is makes this player unfunctional to my needs. 

it may seem silly to your use, but my fuze is being returned for another e200 because of this inconvience. the removal of features no matter how trivial is never considered an upgrade in my eyes.

I agree. I really hope this feature returns in the new Firmware.