Suggestion for next firmware release!!!!!!!!!!!

This may sound absurd but I’d really love to have it!!!

My suggestion is,

to make the visual EQ that you get when you press the center button when playing music to have an unlimited time limit!!!

Well appreciate a lot if you could apply that to the next firmware release or some time after!!!

Thanks, SR

@sr_rox wrote:

This may sound absurd but I’d really love to have it!!!

My suggestion is,

to make the visual EQ that you get when you press the center button when playing music to have an unlimited time limit!!!

Well appreciate a lot if you could apply that to the next firmware release or some time after!!!

Thanks, SR

It’s called a “spectrum analyzer” and I doubt you’ll see your idea implemented because of the battery drain it would cause. (it looks cooler on the Clip anyways) 

I love the analyzer display on the Clip, it’s atomic fast!  Simpler to drive, rapid refresh.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Request granted on the next release.  It will stay on as long as the backlight does.

@sansafix wrote:
Request granted on the next release.  It will stay on as long as the backlight does.

Haha for some reason I was not expecting this answer.

Good to hear though. 

Well, as long as you are so responsive :smiley:, Let me add my suggestion.

The thing I loved about Rockbox (other than the uberfast database refresh), was that you could set the backlight to come on a set amount of time before and after each track.

So, if I set the setting to 5 sec, then the backlight would come on 5 sec before the end of a track and stay open for the same 5 sec after the next track began.

This was really handy, as during each track transition, you could just look at the screen and see what’s coming up and see what’s playing.

Since the default Fuze Screen does not have a native “Next track” display, (like WPS for Rockbox), getting the light to come on prior to the end of the track would not be that useful.  But if you could set the backlight to turn on for whatever the backlight value is when a new track is playing, that would be cool.

This is especially useful at my desk, as it is sitting in a charger playing, and during each new song, I could glance down and see what’s playing without manipulating the controls.

Sure, I’d take a slight battery hit, but I could choose whether or not I have auto-backlight during track transition on. 

Would anyone else find this useful?

OMG sansafix thank you sooooo much.Sandisk was super awesome and it just got better!!! :smileyvery-happy:

And,yes i totally agree with p_opus cause it would be really useful not only to know whats playing but you can also be a little more aware of the battery level and stuff!!!

Thanks a lot,

SR 

Message Edited by SR-rox on 03-18-2009 09:48 AM

@p_opus wrote:

The thing I loved about Rockbox (other than the uberfast database refresh), was that you could set the backlight to come on a set amount of time before and after each track.

So, if I set the setting to 5 sec, then the backlight would come on 5 sec before the end of a track and stay open for the same 5 sec after the next track began.

This was really handy, as during each track transition, you could just look at the screen and see what’s coming up and see what’s playing.

Since the default Fuze Screen does not have a native “Next track” display, (like WPS for Rockbox), getting the light to come on prior to the end of the track would not be that useful.  But if you could set the backlight to turn on for whatever the backlight value is when a new track is playing, that would be cool.

This is especially useful at my desk, as it is sitting in a charger playing, and during each new song, I could glance down and see what’s playing without manipulating the controls.

Sure, I’d take a slight battery hit, but I could choose whether or not I have auto-backlight during track transition on. 

Sounds like a good idea to me. :smiley:

@p_opus wrote:

Given the battery hit, I’d rather just press the button to wake the screen if I don’t immediately recognize the song, rather having it do this automatically. Then again, I usually use my Fuze within reach of a charger and outlet, so I could adapt to it if I had to . If it was an option you could turn on and off, that would be the best of both worlds.

That would have to be an option you could turn on and off.  I’m assuming that is what you are suggesting.

Because on my averag everyday use of my Fuze I would not have any use of this feature, though I can see a few times where it would be useless.  Therefor, having this feature wouldn’t be a bad idea if I could toggle it on and off.  But I’m against it if it’s always active, since it would just drain my battery life. 

I don’t want this feature as a mandatory feature.  Rockbox had a special setting that you could set this behavior as on or off.

For example, it could be a toggle right below the “random” and “repeat” sections in the now playing submenu (bottom button)

It would look like this:

Back To Music List

Add Song To GoList

Rate Song

Purchase 

Repeat             OFF

Random            ON

New Song Light  ON

Music EQ

Delete Song

That way, I can turn it on without going to the settings page.  If it’s OFF, then the Fuze will operate as it does now.  If it’s ON, then when a new song comes on, the backlight will light for the period of time that you specify in Settings/System Settings/Backlight menu. 

Message Edited by p_opus on 03-18-2009 11:02 AM

Message Edited by p_opus on 03-18-2009 11:27 AM

Then I’m all for this idea.  

Sounds like it could be useful in soem situations. 

The reason I want it is two fold.

1.  When I’m at my desk, I don’t have the option to keep the light always on, which since it’s in a charger, I’m not worried about battery.  The longest the light will light is 1 hour.

2.  When I’m in the car or on battery, I would like the light to come on briefly, this way I can look at the new track, but I can control the battery life hit by lowering brightness and taking the interval to 5 or 10 sec.

Its a good idea,  but thats not planned for the next release.

In the car,  please keep your eyes on the road and not on your player!

Thanks.

@sansafix wrote:

Cool…I’ll like having this feature, too.

Tell you what, the SlotMusic player is ideal for the car.  Plug in, press play, and drive, baby!  The controls are in dedicated positions, making adjustment possible without futzing with the device.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

slotMusic needs to be in flac format.

@psywiped wrote:
slotMusic needs to be in flac format.

That has nothing to do with the Fuze firmware update.

ok fair enough. The sanza needs the ability to navagate the file structure and also a seting for backlight when on battery and pluged in. i want the display on when i have it chaging and playing but off when on battery without having to go into the menu each time and changing it.

Another great improvement to see in a next firmware release would be the possiblity to Name the Radio presets, since RDS is not avaiable, Naming them would Rock, because, staring at the frequencies…:angry: