Audiobooks problem

I washed my Clip after a run, which proved a good reason to upgrade to a Clip+

I primarily use the player for audiobooks (for very long runs, and for keeping the light off so the girlfriend can sleep while I “read” books), and the Clip performed brilliantly with those.

The Clip+ not so much.

It’s a very small thing, but important with audiobooks; You can not fast forward/rewind past a file start/stop on the Clip+.

So if you miss something at the end of chapter 1, but you’ve just got into chapter 2. On the Clip you’d press rewind, and it would rewind back to the previous chapter quickly. Now you have to go back to the start of chapter 1, then fast forward through the whole thing (which may be a 35 minute file) to get to where you wanted to be. 

Then if you go a little too far (FF is pretty fast), the player will reach the end of chapter 1, and you end up… back at the start of chapter 1. 

With audiobooks you should just FF or rewind through the files, as it’s needed, and that was the way it was on the original Clip.

Thanks for listening - and hopefully answering.

Listening to Audible audiobooks, which I prefer; I don’t have this problem.

Listening to mp3 audiobooks, with (many) chapters, I’ve  the problem as you told, even without washing the clip.

This is not your imagination. I wrote about the FF and Rewind problem on 9/20/2010.  I even posted it on AMAZON.

The reason I am so %#$ mad is that the original Clip as you know,  recognizes Audiofiles as book parts, and Rewinds and Fast-Forwards smoothly between files. So, obviously Sandisk can fix this.  I suggest you get another original Clip model for your audiobooks.

I wish I new this before I wasted my money on the CLIP+ , another thing they don’t mention is that an extra MicroChip will not play any DRM files.  ( i.e. Library books)

P.S. I have seen this complaint about the CLIP+ in forums for months, and you will not get a reasonable solution, they haven’t admitted it’s a problem. They don’t seem to even care enough to respond… .

images_objects wrote: I wish I new this before I wasted my money on the CLIP+ , another thing they don’t mention is that an extra MicroChip will not play any DRM files.  ( i.e. Library books)

Can anyone verify this? I load DRM files, via Overdrive, to my husband’s Fuze uSD card all the time, but I can’t remember for certain if I ever tried it on my Clip+ (I thought I did, but it’s been a while).  Perhaps I just assumed it would work the same way and I’m about to (finally) buy a uSD card for my Clip+.  

One thing I can verify: if you load the uSD card on one device, you can’t play it from another device.  For example, if I load a library book to the external drive of the Fuze, the Fuze can play it fine, but if I place the card in my Clip+, the Clip+ can’t play it.  The transfer software appears to encode a device ID into the DRM files.  Trying to play a DRM file on a different device identifies the file as an unlicensed copy.

When you experienced this problem, were you loading the book directly to the Clip+'s external drive?  Loading it via a card-reader, then putting the card into the Clip+ probably wouldn’t work either.  (At least from my experimentation above, I wouldn’t expect it to work.)

Hi,

Can anyone tell me why when I download audio books from CD they go to my music files and not the audio book file on my clip+ device? I haven’t downloaded any audio book files from Audible.com yet, or anywhere else on the web yet.

Is there any way to move these files to the audio book section on the clip+ that I can use to make this happen? I just want to keep my music separate from my audio books to listen to. I am using Windows 7 media.

Thanks for the assist.

1 Like

When you transfer your files, just make sure that you are transferring them to the folder where you want them to be, e.g. Audiobooks, Podcasts, or Music.  Or create your own folder to transfer to.  And you can easily move files between folders, just like on your computer. 

You probably also need to change the ‘genre’ in the ID3 tags to Audiobook. :wink:

Thanks, I’ll try that.

Miikerman,

Can you please explain?

You stated you can easily move files between folders, just like on your computer. Do you mean on the sansa+ it’s self?

Thanks.

@duke6j wrote:

Miikerman,

Can you please explain?

You stated you can easily move files between folders, just like on your computer. Do you mean on the sansa+ it’s self?

Thanks.

While it’s connected to your computer, you can move files around on the player’s memory (or external card) justy like you would as you can on your computer’s hard drive.

You cannot move them via the player’s controls only while disconnected from the computer.

Thanks for your help. I’m new to using one, but I like it so far.

Good reviews.

Can anyone has this problem with inability to rewind back across the tracks resolved?