Anyone else have the belt clip break off the back of the clip+?

I’ve had my clip+ for about 6 months and usually wear it clipped on the front edge of a shirt or sweater.  I use it just about all day every day.  This is the 3rd I’ve owned - the first 2 were the original clip model but the one I have now is the clip+.  This morning the clip broke off.  I had that happen before with my earlier models and just ordered replacements, really easy to just slide the old one off and the new one on.  The clip+ belt clip is not replaceable!!!  Seems to be a major design flaw to me.  I contacted tech support via chat to find that out and was actually disconnected while typing my response to the chat person because I didn’t reply fast enough!  I’m really steamed and don’t want to pursue it further until I cool off.  Love the clip but not sure I’ll buy another one.  Without being able to clip it to clothing, it’s not useable for me.

Easy solution:  you have a 1 or 2 year warranty on the Clip+.  Best to just telephone them and make arrangements for a replacement.  In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us. 

Just out of curiosity, how and where on the Clip did it break? It seems pretty stout.

jsmaye wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how and where on the Clip did it break? It seems pretty stout.

I was surprised to read that too. Then again, I never broke the flimsier clips on my original Clips either.:wink:

The two little brackets on the body that hold the pin keeping the spring of the clip in place broke.  I suppose if one side was weakened and gave way it would then cause the other side to break also.  I was very surprised too.  I do use it a lot, pretty much always clipping it to my clothing, but do not mistreat it.  Other than the broken clip, it looks new, no scratches, etc.  When talking to Technical Support I looked up my receipt and actually jsut purchased it in December so I’ve only been using it for 3 months.  I’m now waiting to hear if they will approve my Return Merchandise Authorization request.  I should hear sometime today.

Since the clip is nonreplaceable, then it should be covered under the warranty, just like any other part of the clip plus.

Sandisk Clip 

I have a broken clip also, it broke right where the pin goes through.

It is replaceable if they sell them? 

I have the clip+ which has the clip molded in as part of the body, not a separate piece that could be replaced like the original model, and they WILL NOT REPLACE THE PLAYER IF IT BREAKS!  I pursued  replacement, including sending photos that they requested,  because I only had my clip since November or December and it broke in March and believed it should be covered by the warranty.  The official response:  After reviewing the Pictures, we have concluded that the product for which we have received your request for replacement is physically damaged (the clip is a part of body and cannot break on its own), which voids the SanDisk warranty. So it is not possible for SanDisk to replace the Sansa MP3 player as physical Damage is not covered under SanDisk Warranty.

So a design that has very small area that can break is not covered because they SAY it cannot break.  I don’t think so.  I’m still very upset.  Basically what they are saying is that I physically damaged the player (which I did not, so are they calling me a liar?) so the warranty does not cover it.  I have not decided what to do next.  The player works fine but is no longer as conveniently usable because it no longer clips, which is why I bought it in the first place. 

I haven’t decided what to do next.  I’m thinking of just shipping it to the president of the company, maybe he’s willing to use a broken player.  I know I will not purchase another one from a company that has treated me badly.  So it’s a poor public relations move on their part.

I would encourage you to at least make the attempt to get it replaced if it’s under warranty.  Maybe if more owners come forward with broken clips they’ll rethink the situation.

Good Luck!

Personally, I would try reaching them again, by telephone, and escalate the call to a supervisor (and to the head of Custoemr Service, if needed).  The last time I checked, the clip is covered by the wording of the SanDisk warranty (absent user abuse, of course)–no different than if the display dims out or the battery lead comes undone. 

Personally, I would try reaching them again, by telephone, and escalate the call to a supervisor (and to the head of Customer Service, if needed).  The last time I checked, the clip is covered by the wording of the SanDisk warranty (absent user abuse, of course)--no different than if the display dims out or the battery lead comes undone.   

radaradio wrote:

Sandisk Clip 

I have a broken clip also, it broke right where the pin goes through.

It is replaceable if they sell them? 

Original Clip? Yes, replacement clips are available for sale here.

Newer Clip +? No, there is no replacement clip available.