Album Art with WMP 12

Hi - I’m new and really confused!

Is it possible for someone to explain REALLY SIMPLY how to get album art from WMP12 to the Fuze? It shows in WMP, but doesn’t automatically appear when you sync it over. A simple step by step guide would be great!

Thanks in anticipation… 

Message Edited by JonnieB on 03-27-2010 03:44 AM

The SanDisk Knowledge Base to the rescue.

Thanks for quick reply, but sadly this doesn’t help. Firstly I’ve got the art on wmp, just can’t get it onto my Fuze, secondly I’m using wmp12 and there is no Advanced Tag Editor option available anymore!! So the art is on WMP, just not on my Fuze… Surely this is a simple fix??!

There are many ways to get album art to display on your Fuze, and there are a great many threads dedicated to that very subject. Might I suggest that you take advantage of the Search function here and ferret a few of them out? I’m sure you’ll find at least 1 way that works for you. :smiley:

Or you can take my approach, and not care about the art, as long as the tag info is there.:dizzy_face:

Thanks Tapeworm - but I have spent ages searching - visiting this forum is a last option. After all, finding solutions to unique problems probably encountered by others is one of the reasons forums exist! My problem seems unique to WMP12 and if you search that you get very few posts. None of which help.

Anybody else with a constructive answer?

Cheers,

O&O 

WMP 12 is fairly new, so no there wouldn’t be a lot of posts here if you’re using that as your search criteria, but the principles should be the same even with the older WMP versions. Not having WMP 12, I can’t say for sure if the 'Advanced Tag Editor" is gone, or simply moved & hidden elsewhere, but there’s ususally more than one way to skin a cat.

You can also embed album art into an ID3 tag with the free (and highly recommended) MP3TAG. Much better than the so-called ‘Advanced’ tag editor in WMP.

Or do what most of the people here do and just add your album art (jpeg image) file to the Album folder. Name it ‘album art.jpg’ or 'folder.jpg; either one will work.

WMP 12 is fairly new, so no there wouldn’t be a lot of posts here if you’re using that as your search criteria, but the principles should be the same even with the older WMP versions. Not having WMP 12, I can’t say for sure if the ‘Advanced Tag Editor’ is gone, or simply moved & hidden elsewhere, but there’s ususally more than one way to skin a cat.

You can also embed album art into an ID3 tag with the free (and highly recommended) MP3TAG. Much better than the so-called ‘Advanced’ tag editor in WMP.

Or do what most of the people here do and just add your album art (jpeg image) file to the Album folder. Name it ‘album art.jpg’ or 'folder.jpg; either one will work.

Thanks - I have no problem with the album art on WMP12, just want to sync it to the fuze so when I drag an album into the sync list and then ‘Start Sync’ the art appears on the Fuze. I don’t know why I’m having such problems with this?? I am new to the world of MP3’s so step by step instructions would be very gratefully received.

So, to recap, it’s getting the art onto the Fuze simply when I sync.

Ta,

JonnieB wrote:

Thanks - I have no problem with the album art on WMP12, just want to sync it to the fuze so when I drag an album into the sync list and then ‘Start Sync’ the art appears on the Fuze. I don’t know why I’m having such problems with this?? I am new to the world of MP3’s so step by step instructions would be very gratefully received.

So, to recap, it’s getting the art onto the Fuze simply when I sync.

Ta,

Just a theory, but what USB mode are you in? I suspect that if you see the art on WMP but it doesn’t sync over, that maybe the MTP mode would bring the art over. I don’t use WMP12 with my Win7, I prefer Mediamonkey…but I think that might help you.

Cheers Marvin -That was it! I was not in MTP mode (Sys settings,USB mode,MTP) No idea what it stands for, but it works for me!!

Many Thanks,

MTP is Media Transfer Protocol, a mode supported by Windows Media Player 10 and later.  When in MTP mode, the media player sees the connected Sansa as a portable device rather than a flash drive.   In MTP, Windows Media Player automatically populates the album folder with the album art.  Functions like song ratings are also supported.

microsansa

JonnieB wrote:

Cheers Marvin -That was it! I was not in MTP mode (Sys settings,USB mode,MTP) No idea what it stands for, but it works for me!!

Many Thanks,

Glad to hear it!:smiley: