Album Art in Photos

I got my Fuze yesterday, and loaded up a whole bunch of songs in MTP mode with Winamp. Pretty much all my songs were tagged correctly with album art, but of course the album art didn’t show up. There were a few albums where I had a folder.jpg, so I dragged that into the folders with the mp3 files. Now I have album art. I like a simple drag 'n drop, but the album art is pretty onerous this way.

But…my photos is filled up with “groups” of art, one for each album. If I ever did put photos in there, it’d be really tough to find them. Do people see this when using Win Media Player, or is this just a remnant of how I put in the album art? Is there any way around it?

Message Edited by bdb on 04-24-2008 02:41 PM

Embedded album art is not supported (topic has been regarded many times).

As for folder.jpg (or album art.jpg) it affects all mp3/wma files within the folder it is contained. that is how this works.

WMP11 works by creating an ALB album art and transfering that to Album folder on the fuze. The file names are according to the heirarchy MTP mode follows (artist folder/album folder), however manually working with ALB files with the fuze, I have been unsucessful.

folder.jpg / album art.jpg is the best bet on how to get this working. drag n dropping will ensure it works. don’t know how winamp handles album art transfer to fuze (if it handles at all).

hopefully that helps. organizing music by albums works with folder.jpg but that’s if you want to organize your music that way. otherwise embedded is the next best, but since fuze doesnt’ support, it wont work. =/ 

Message Edited by thoma on 04-24-2008 09:45 AM

If you use ALB, do they also show up in the photos? That’s my primary complaint with folder.jpg.

Try making the folder.jpg files hidden. They should still show up as album arts but should not show up in your photos.

yes, sorry I forgot to reply to your question about it showing up in photos. making anything hidden property on the fuze will render it unseen on the device gui.

Yep, marking it as hidden did the trick. Thanks guys!

Does anyone know WHY that is? All other players with a video/photo capable screen DO support embedded album art. Hopefully a firmware update will correct this huge oversight, that should be a given. We shouldn’t have to do some workaround to get it working.

@thoma wrote:

As for folder.jpg (or album art.jpg) it affects all mp3/wma files within the folder it is contained. that is how this works.

WMP11 works by creating an ALB album art and transfering that to Album folder on the fuze. The file names are according to the heirarchy MTP mode follows (artist folder/album folder), however manually working with ALB files with the fuze, I have been unsucessful.

folder.jpg / album art.jpg is the best bet on how to get this working. drag n dropping will ensure it works. don’t know how winamp handles album art transfer to fuze (if it handles at all).

hopefully that helps. organizing music by albums works with folder.jpg but that’s if you want to organize your music that way. otherwise embedded is the next best, but since fuze doesnt’ support, it wont work. =/ 

Hi everyone.  I’m new to these forums and new to the sansa line of MP3 players.  I just bought the  8GB Sansa Fuze and I’m trying to get my album art to show up on it.  So I understand that embedded album art (which is what I have on all my songs) does not currently work with the Fuze.

Alright that’s fine, I’ll add individual pictures to each album folder.  Now I tried that but I still cannot get it to work.  If I put a .jpg picture inside an album folder (and the picture is named after the album), then I should be able to drag and drop the folder on my Fuze with the album art showing up?  It just doesn’t work.

I got the album art to work if I sync my fuze with WMP and transfer that way, but I don’t use WMP so I’d rather be able to drag and drop my folders instead. 

So what am I doing wrong here?  Thanks for any help.

Message Edited by Corilof on 06-02-2008 05:23 AM

@corilof wrote:

@thoma wrote:

Hi everyone.  I’m new to these forums and new to the sansa line of MP3 players.  I just bought the  8GB Sansa Fuze and I’m trying to get my album art to show up on it.  So I understand that embedded album art (which is what I have on all my songs) does not currently work with the Fuze.

Alright that’s fine, I’ll add individual pictures to each album folder.  Now I tried that but I still cannot get it to work.  If I put a .jpg picture inside an album folder (and the picture is named after the album), then I should be able to drag and drop the folder on my Fuze with the album art showing up?  It just doesn’t work.

I got the album art to work if I sync my fuze with WMP and transfer that way, but I don’t use WMP so I’d rather be able to drag and drop my folders instead. 

So what am I doing wrong here?  Thanks for any help.

Message Edited by Corilof on 06-02-2008 05:23 AM

I believe the album art must be named “folder.jpg”.  Not sure if any of the other common naming conventions are supported, but folder.jpg definitely works.

Wait, so when you say folder.jpg you mean I would actually name the image “folder” and not the folder name? 

So all the images will be named “folder.jpg” inside their respective album folders?

I’ll try that when I get home from work.  Thanks for the help.

yep that is correct. also if you don’t want them showing in the photo section of your fuze, set them with hidden properties as well.

regarding ALB.  I don’t think alb works unless it was handled by a media application (WMP rhapsody, or napster, but napster isn’t working at the moment).

by default, WMP and Rhapsody transfer alb files onto the device, but these files are created on the fly during transfer.  An example of this would be WMP11 handling folder.jpg.  if you drag your music into the sync list (with the folder.jpg in the same folder) it will handle the album art and convert it to ALB file, transfer that to album folder with a name that points to the song.

However I could never get ALB album art to work manually, (just like PLA playlists). something about the MTP where these two files must be handled by the device? maybe.

Thanks for all the information, I’ll try that when I get home!

Just another question, what’s ALB?

alb is just another file extension for album art, but I’m guessing its compressed differently then jpgs. 

The Fuze is entitled to one goof up, and I guess album art won the coin toss.  I like the inclusion of album art in the browsing process, despite the processing time required, and I think that this feature may have something to do with the issue.

The e200v2 flies happily along with album art…but in my case, it’s a fight between Rhapsody not finding the album art if I rip a CD via the Rhapsody client, or WiMP not locating the correct album art anyway.

So for the time being, fear not, we all have some album art fun as shown in the cool SanDisk videos (thanks to the guys at SanDisk for making them)…I have faith that the issue will be addressed some day in the future.

At the very least, the Photos function snagging your jpegs is fun, huh?  That will be fixed.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: