64GB SanDisk flash drive not recognizable by my car

Hi the flash was running fine in my car, but after I formatted it not recognizable by my car , plz help

Buy a new flash drive, don’t reformat it, and you will be fine.

And tell the person who told you to reformat the first one to pay for the new one.

Thanks for your reply

But formatting a flash drive is a normal practice which you need to do frequently due to data corruption or any other reasons

Anyhow, I believe that the files which were exist in the Flash drive when I bought it first time are the missing puzzle for my case, those files were the components and the setup of the flash it self

I believe if I can get them again it will solve my dilemma, what do you think ?

" I believe that the files which were exist in the Flash drive when I bought it first time are the missing puzzle for my case"

I am not aware of any stereo system requiring specific files on a USB drive, unless the stereo system put them there itself.

And of all the USB sticks that I have I have only formatted one and that was required for it to support my large backup files.  There is no reason for people to reformat USB drives as a “normal practice”.  Maybe 10 yrs ago when they 1st came out but not modern drives.

“what do you think”

I think 1. you should read your car’s manual and see what it says it needs. 2. you should stop formatting USB drives needlessly.  If there are files on it you don’t want or need, DELETE them. :wink:

1 Like