4GB Clip delete playlists

Hi All

I download as MP3s, 4 hrs worth of a late night talkshow. These get saved in WMP11 where I create Playlists of each show (each hr is a MP3 download). Then I hook my Clip up to the computer and sync to the Clip.

Now I want to delete some playlists off my Clip as it’s running out of space. I have tried deleting certain Playlists from My Computer (which automatically pops up when I connect the Clip). The computer asks if I’m certain I want to delete, and I say Yes. But they are still on my Clip!! They are also still in WMP library and I want them to stay there if I want to listen to them again. When trying to delete using My Computer, I go to Playlists…should I be trying to delete from somewhere else? My Clip is set to ‘auto’ mode.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Fritzmom

When you say you delete the Playlists from My Computer, do you mean you’re deleting them from the Clip’s internal memory?  Or from your PC’s hard disk?

Also, if you’re expecting to see the songs in the deleted playlist being deleted from the Clip, that won’t happen.  A playlist is basically just a list of pointers to songs … if you want to delete the songs as well, you’ll need to delete them individually from the Clip (either via Windows Explorer, or the Clip’s menu).

Hi

I am trying to delete the playlists via the Clip’s Internal Memory. But they stay on the Clip; playlist titles and individual MP3s.

So, I should be deleting the individual MP3s (that are in the playlists) from the Clip. Then how do I delete the playlist titles from the Clip so I won’t have to scroll through them again and again?

Thanks very much

Fritzmom

fritzmom wrote:

So, I should be deleting the individual MP3s (that are in the playlists) from the Clip. Then how do I delete the playlist titles from the Clip so I won’t have to scroll through them again and again?

Either do another sync without including those playlists, or delete them manually from your Clip using Windows Explorer.  Assuming you’re connected in MTP mode, delete them from:

My Computer\Sansa Clip 4GB\Internal Memory\Playlists