youtube videos

How do i put youtube vids on my fuze.

Youtube videos are FLV format. IF you can find a way to properly download them, you will need to convert them to something SMC will use, like an mpeg or avi file. Then use SMC to add them.

You can use Rhapsody to convert FLVs and place on the Fuze directly.

Download a program called Vdownloader ( Free download ). Search for videos and use the program to convert to AVI format. Then you can use the SMC to put them on your Fuze.

Site called Vixy.com used to be pretty good.

You copy and paste in the YouTube address and it goes and fetches it and converts it and then gives you a link to download the new avi file.  They had a version you could download to your home computer too and just do it on your own machine.  Then Sansa Media Converter.  Worked great for a while but both the stand-alone app and the site seem to be buggered up now.

There is a video on you tube itself explaining various methods of getting you tube flv files converted to avi format.  Search YouTube:  “convert…avi”

Media Converter site worked best for me.  I downloaded about 5 different “free” software programs all touting they were great, but they made my system stall or they didn’t see the flv file.  MC is free and you don’t have to register to use it.

http://www.mediaconverter.org/

My problem is what file to convert to that is the smallest.  The YouTube conversion WMA’s and AVI’s are about a third more the size of a FLV’s.  Est. a 16MB FLV converts to a 21MB AVI or WMA.  Is there anything smaller that has good resolution that the Fuse can read?  Also, I think I used copy and paste on my first tries using Rapsody as I think Rapsody sees the FLV and that is half the problem.  Funny thing, I didn’t use a converter on my 1st two FLV videos and got them on the Fuse.  When I tried to copy-paste more, it wouldn’t work.  

Not that anyone would want to put a full length movie on a Fuse (even with a 8-16G MicroSD), I might want to put a HULA TV Show on it (that is if HULA videos download the same as YouTube).

Message Edited by bragl123 on 03-09-2009 05:40 PM

@bragl123 wrote:

Not that anyone would want to put a full length movie on a Fuse (even with a 8-16G MicroSD), I might want to put a HULA TV Show on it (that is if HULA videos download the same as YouTube).

Many do.

And Hulu is NOT the same as YouTube, or any other video-hosting site I’ve found. Hulu uses some sort on anti-leeching technology that prevents ‘video-grabbing’ programs from latching onto it and they also use a coded URL for those programs where you enter the URL and they go get it for you.

I haven’t found one program yet that will grab or download a video from Hulu, although a few claim they will. If I’ve tried one, I’ll bet I’ve tried a dozen! The best I’ve done is get the commercial that precedes the video. :angry:

If anyone has cracked this Hulu nut, I’m all ears. There are some shows they have there that I haven’t been able to find anywhere else.

@tapeworm wrote:

@bragl123 wrote:

Many do.

And Hulu is NOT the same as YouTube, or any other video-hosting site I’ve found. Hulu uses some sort on anti-leeching technology that prevents ‘video-grabbing’ programs from latching onto it and they also use a coded URL for those programs where you enter the URL and they go get it for you.

I haven’t found one program yet that will grab or download a video from Hulu, although a few claim they will. If I’ve tried one, I’ll bet I’ve tried a dozen! The best I’ve done is get the commercial that precedes the video. :angry:

If anyone has cracked this Hulu nut, I’m all ears. There are some shows they have there that I haven’t been able to find anywhere else.

Hulu is actually a different method. I have been playing with it. I cant crack the Web code. Ill let you know what I come up with.

You can be now watching unblocked youtube videos online here when you want to get the free proxy for youtube.