Working with the GoList...

I’ve noticed that although I can add tracks to the GoList ‘on the fly’ as it were, if I’m currently playing from the GoList it doesn’t registers these new tracks until I go into the Playlists menu and start playing the play list again. Is there anyway to ‘refresh’ the GoList while playing from it without interrupting the music?

I’m confused… are you playing from the go list and adding the same songs again?

Or do you mean you’re playing an album and add it and then go to the go list and it’s not there right away?

No, I mean… say I chuck a few random tracks into the GoList, or an album, and it’s currently playing. As I get towards the end of those tracks I think of some more that I’d like to add next, or another album I want to listen to. If I go into the libray and add these tracks, they are added to the playlist, but not in the “Now Playing” screen. That still only shows the first lot of tracks added and will stop when it gets to the end of them. I have to re-enter the Playlists section and choose to play the GoList before it uncludes all the tracks that have been added.

Sorry,  the Go list is buffered.  The list is transferred to the “Now playing list”.  You will need to prepare the list then restart playback of the Go List when you are done… It does not append.

I would appreciate if the GoList would update, even while it’s played. I don’t see the reason, why it shouldn’t be fixed in the next firmware. Or is there another possibility to put songs or albums in a row for playback, without stopping the music? My old player had this feature, which allowed to choose the next track and it would only be played, when the actual track had finished. Then depending on the mode, playback continued with the selcted track and the album/artist until an oter track was chosen. Perhaps that would be an alternative function.

First play with a Fuse yesterday (bought for my daughter - as a guinea pig - but one each for me and the OH will be coming soon).

Have to agree that queuing tracks on the fly would be a great feature. It’s the one feature I find essential on any PC based media player. Hopefully syncing the now playing and goto list once per track would not be an insurmountable task.

I really don’t see the appeal of the on-the-fly update. It takes no time at all to make a list, even the full 200 tracks possible. Why can’t you just enjoy your list, then if you reach the end, make another one? I have no thoughts of my next list if I make a GoList…I just listen to the one I have until it is done. :wink:

I can imagine it can take quite a while to make a list, especially if you’re not sure what you want to listen to… and the whole point is to queue songs without interupting what is playing. Getting to the end of a list and then having to make a new one disrupts the continuity a bit.I’m intending to use my Fuse in the car and in my home hi-fi, so maybe it’s more important to flow than through headphones.

I’m new here, so forgive me if this is explained elsewhere, the Go List is just a user generated playlist on the Fuse, right? When played this gets moved to the Now Playing List (buffered). Is the Go List then empty and reusable or does it still stay as a user generated playlist for future use? If it was discarded once loaded, you could just keep adding tracks to (essentially) a new Go List. Then all you would need is to have a setting that when then Now Playing List empited and the Go List wasn’t empty to reload the (new) Go List. Hope that makes sense!

The biggest weakness of the Fuze is playlisting, unfortunately.

You are listening to a Go List of 100 songs. You want to add another album but then have to restart the Go List in order to hear it?

I did not realize the GO LIST didn’t update OTF. That’s seriously disappointing. Maybe you should change the name… somehow Go List seems misleading now. lol

You don’t see the appeal of OTF (on the fly) playlisting Marvin?? Really?? Do you use the Go List?

Diesel, the Go List does not empty. It is a running playlist (i.e you can continue to add or remove tracks).

@peregrine wrote:

The biggest weakness of the Fuze is playlisting, unfortunately.

You are listening to a Go List of 100 songs. You want to add another album but then have to restart the Go List in order to hear it?

I did not realize the GO LIST didn’t update OTF. That’s seriously disappointing. Maybe you should change the name… somehow Go List seems misleading now. lol

You don’t see the appeal of OTF (on the fly) playlisting Marvin?? Really?? Do you use the Go List?

Diesel, the Go List does not empty. It is a running playlist (i.e you can continue to add or remove tracks).

I have used the GoList…not all the time, but sometimes…it’s the only playlist I would use. Add entire album or artist with one button press…heck yeah!  I will either use it as a 200-song subset to shuffle (like a current heavy rotation list of new music) , or if I wanted to listen a a band’s albums in chronological order, I would add them that way and not shuffle. The list can go up to 200 songs, and that takes a while to run through. I wouldn’t even be thinking of another album to add to the list during that time.

And in regards to diesel’s point, if I’m not sure what I want to listen to, I just shuffle all. :smiley:

I don’t get the “on-the-fly” request either.So you have to come back to the Go List to actually plat the previously selected tunes…doens’t seem like a big deal to me.

I’m happy using the GoList just as it is (especially with the 200 song capacity now!)

I work up a go list from scratch when I have idel time…on a plane or waiting for a ride.

Then, as I listen to music, I “one-button” add it to the Go List.

Later, maybe days later, I’ll actually want to listen to the Go List, on shuffle, for random play of stuff I love without having to think or select.

As I cannot tolerate the baloney involved in maintaining normal Playlists, the go List is the only playlist I use.

It would be FANTASTIC to have TWO Go Lists!

That way you could have a normal one that’s an ongoing work-in-progress and a Special one, say for a mix for the Saturday night party.

@blackdog_sansa wrote:

I don’t get the “on-the-fly” request either.So you have to come back to the Go List to actually plat the previously selected tunes…doens’t seem like a big deal to me.

I’m happy using the GoList just as it is (especially with the 200 song capacity now!)

I work up a go list from scratch when I have idel time…on a plane or waiting for a ride.

Then, as I listen to music, I “one-button” add it to the Go List.

Later, maybe days later, I’ll actually want to listen to the Go List, on shuffle, for random play of stuff I love without having to think or select.

As I cannot tolerate the baloney involved in maintaining normal Playlists, the go List is the only playlist I use.

It would be FANTASTIC to have TWO Go Lists!

That way you could have a normal one that’s an ongoing work-in-progress and a Special one, say for a mix for the Saturday night party.

For me the biggest On-The-Fly need would be deleting. I add new albums I have never heard before to the go-list so I can make a point to listen to it, and at 200 songs on shuffle I want to delete a song and not have to back out to make sure its gone. If you delete a song with the current setup you could hear it again because its still in the list and the fuze keeps it in cache.

I’m happy for you blackdog , that you don’t seem to miss the OTF/queue feature. But there are users who would like to have this on their Fuze. The point is, that I often listen to song 1 and suddenly I think, “hey song 974 would be great next, but I don’t want to interrupt song 1” So now I either have to interrupt song 1 or wait until it’is finished and skip then. Adding even 5000 songs on the Go List would not bring me this feature.

This would probably be easy to implement and would shurely improve the joy of use.

Message Edited by seppo on 05-28-2009 10:41 AM

Message Edited by seppo on 05-28-2009 10:42 AM

I’m happy for you blackdog , that you don’t seem to miss the OTF/queue feature. But there are users who would like to have this on their Fuze. The point is, that I often listen to song 1 and suddenly I think, “hey song 974 would be great next, but I don’t want to interrupt song 1” So now I either have to interrupt song 1 or wait until it’is finished and skip then. Adding even 5000 songs on the Go List would not bring me this feature.

This would probably be easy to implement and would shurely improve the joy of use.

If you have to stop playing to use it, maybe it should be called the stop-and-go list. :smiley:

I am a bit stunned that not many people want OTF playlisting. STUNNED.

iPod heads cried and whined for years until Apple added it. There are people that WILL NOT buy a Fuze because of that. A few that I know personally bought a D2 instead. They laugh at my s***** “Go List”. hehehe

My previous player not only allowed you to make as many playlists as you wanted even while you were listening to… well… whatever but it also let you easily reorder songs in the playlist or on the Now Playing screen.

I do hate to keep comparing the Fuze to my (dead) Vibez because it’s just unfair to the Fuze. :wink:

Could one of the developers take a stand, if there are plans to implement the OTF-feature in the next firmware?

I’m not that bothered about editing the go list on the fly, but not being able to save it is a pain.  When I used an ipod, most of my playlists would originally be “on the go” ones that maybe I edited in itunes after creating (names etc) but that was all.