Go List

Hi,

Just got a Fuze and so far I’m very happy.

One thing I’m not sure about though is the Go List. I decided to try it out and stuck a few songs on then began to play it back. Once it started I decided to add some more tunes to the list. They didn’t add however. The only way I could get them to show up was by restarting the Go List.

Is this right. Seems daft to me. Surely the point is that you can add stuff on the “go” and not have to restart the playlist.

I’m on the latest firmware by the way (V01.01.22F).

Thanks

@adrayton wrote:

Hi,

Just got a Fuze and so far I’m very happy.

One thing I’m not sure about though is the Go List. I decided to try it out and stuck a few songs on then began to play it back. Once it started I decided to add some more tunes to the list. They didn’t add however. The only way I could get them to show up was by restarting the Go List.

Is this right. Seems daft to me. Surely the point is that you can add stuff on the “go” and not have to restart the playlist.

I’m on the latest firmware by the way (V01.01.22F).

Thanks

To my knowledge, it’s called the GoList because you can be on the go(away from computer) and make a playlist on your player. It’s so quick and easy to make a list, it shouldn’t matter that you have to stop. You can add whole albums with one button press, or everything by an artist with one button press. I can make a full 200 song Go List with mutiple artists in about a minute. :wink:

I’m not saying I don’t like the Go List, it’s just that if you can’t already add stuff to a live list then maybe you should be able to in a future version. That would make a good feature even better.

Thanks for your reply.

As you already figured out the Go List only updates itself when it is restarted.  So if you delete or add anything to it you won’t see the change until you start the list over.

It would be a lot better if it updated automatically as changes were made but I’m not sure if that’s really easy to do.  Good suggestion for a future firmware update, but no idea if it’ll make the list. 

@corilof wrote:

As you already figured out the Go List only updates itself when it is restarted.  So if you delete or add anything to it you won’t see the change until you start the list over.

It would be a lot better if it updated automatically as changes were made but I’m not sure if that’s really easy to do.  Good suggestion for a future firmware update, but no idea if it’ll make the list. 

I think you are only partially correct. Im pretty sure that the delet feature works with out having to reset.

@conversionbox wrote:

@corilof wrote:

I think you are only partially correct. Im pretty sure that the delet feature works with out having to reset.

I just checked it on my Fuze, a deleted sogn will remain in the Go List until you restart it.

I just deleted one of my songs from my Go List and the total number of songs did not change.  Hitting next a few times, the “deleted” song played again.  If I restart the Go List the total number of songs is updated and the deleted song no longer shows. 

@corilof wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

@corilof wrote:

I just checked it on my Fuze, a deleted sogn will remain in the Go List until you restart it.

I just deleted one of my songs from my Go List and the total number of songs did not change.  Hitting next a few times, the “deleted” song played again.  If I restart the Go List the total number of songs is updated and the deleted song no longer shows. 

Thanks for checkin’ I dont use the go list much anymore. Wasnt 100% positive.

I REALLY like my Fuze, but this drives me mad.  I just installed the latest firmware and though Replay Gain is probably I’m gutted the Go list still needs to be reset every time you want to add a song.  Please please please please, if someone from Sansa is listening can you fix this.  The Go-list isn’t a go list if you can’t add as you go!  Also, it would be brilliant if you could save the current list as something else and start another one.  Yes That would be amazing.

I have been using the go list since I got my fuse in december and I’m almost positive that it used to let me add while playing. but your right it doesnt now. maybe I’m wrong but I could have sworn that I could add songs while playing in the past.

The other thing is I think when it was working I also only had the internal mem no card…so maybe it is because of the card? all my music is on a card now so I cant really test. Has anyone tried adding while playing using just the internal mem, no card inserted?

acfp199 wrote:   The Go-list isn’t a go list if you can’t add as you go!  . 

It’s called that because you can make it without being tied down to a computer, I think.:wink:

Although I never use this feature, I have to agree, this really need to be fixed, for those who do use it.

You have always been able to add to go list while playing,  but you need to reload the Go list to play the new list.  Its nothing different from how its always been.

In the past there was only the ability to add from the Now Playing screen.  Newere firmware allows modification of the GoList while Navigating.