Wont hold very many songs

I have a new 8GB fuze. The memory is full @ 372 average length songs. I haven’t loaded any pictures,videos or anything else. Should’t it be able to hold many more songs?

What file type are you using? Also what Compression rate? Are you using Windows media player? By average how long do you mean? If you listen to Some Zepplin, and bands like Iron Butterfly, and more modern Like Dream Theater, Average could mean 10-12 minutes.

The Sansa Fuze 8GB should be able to hold about 2000 songs on 4 minutes average legnth. However this is just an estimate. Some songs may be longer or shorted than the average length. My 4GB Fuze will hold aroun 900 songs though they are more than 4 minutes each. If your Sansa Fuze only holds 350 songs then you should go to system setting “format” and click yes. It will delete every songs,vidoes,pictures,and voice but your Fuze will be clean and it should be able to hold 2000 songs on average. Hope this helps!

I have a solver 8gig, and record cds on WMP @190kbs and I have 720 songs and still have aprox 3 gig left.  Maybe you recorded at lossless sped which takes up alot of mb per song.  190 speed takes up quite a bit but I  would rather have a little better sound and less songs.  Plus we can always add the MicroSDHC 8g.  Good luck.

@sabre70 wrote:
@I have a solver 8gig, and record cds on WMP @190kbs and I have 720 songs and still have aprox 3 gig left.  Maybe you recorded at lossless sped which takes up alot of mb per song.  190 speed takes up quite a bit but I  would rather have a little better sound and less songs.  Plus we can always add the MicroSDHC 8g.  Good luck.

Thats what I was saying If you have higher compression rate then you have less songs at better quality. 

I found out what was wrong. Somehow when I connected it the first time all of the pictures I had on my computer transferred to the player. I started to deleate them one by one then figured I could do it by using my computer. Now everything is right. Thanks for your input

@mrdave wrote:
I found out what was wrong. Somehow when I connected it the first time all of the pictures I had on my computer transferred to the player.

Aha! . . . WMP strikes again! On by default, there is a setting in Windows Media Player telling it to ‘Automatically Sync’ to your player. So it looks and looks and tries to send anything and everything it can to the player; music files, pictures, videos.

You need to, at the very least set it to "Manual Sync’ so you have some degree of control over things. Another bad thing about ‘syncing’ (and why I will not ever do it again and only use MSC mode) is that say you transfer songs from your computer to your player using the ‘sync’ method with WMP. You then decide,“You know, I’ve got these songs on my player now and my hard drive is filling up pretty quick. I’m not going to use the files on my computer, so why don’t I just delete them and free up some hard drive sapce.” All well & good . . . until you plug your player into the computer the next time.

What happens? WMP does not see those files on your computer any more that are on your player. It is set to ‘sync’ your player to your computer (NOT the other way around), so it deletes everything off your player to match what it sees on your computer!

Fool me once, shame on you! WMP won’t be fooling me a 2nd time. Just a word to the wise. :wink:

SYNC STINKS!

@mrdave wrote:
I found out what was wrong. Somehow when I connected it the first time all of the pictures I had on my computer transferred to the player.

Aha! . . . WMP strikes again! On by default, there is a setting in Windows Media Player telling it to ‘Automatically Sync’ to your player. So it looks and looks and tries to send anything and everything it can to the player; music files, pictures, videos.

You need to, at the very least set it to "Manual Sync’ so you have some degree of control over things. Another bad thing about ‘syncing’ (and why I will not ever do it again and only use MSC mode) is that say you transfer songs from your computer to your player using the ‘sync’ method with WMP. You then decide,“You know, I’ve got these songs on my player now and my hard drive is filling up pretty quick. I’m not going to use the files on my computer, so why don’t I just delete them and free up some hard drive sapce.” All well & good … until you plug your player into the computer the next time.

What happens? WMP does not see those files on your computer any more that are on your player. It is set to ‘sync’ your player to your computer (NOT the other way around), so it deletes everything off your player to match what it sees on your computer!

Fool me once, shame on you! WMP won’t be fooling me a 2nd time. Just a word to the wise. :wink:

SYNC STINKS!

Yesssss…  WMP did start to delete my songs when i reconnected my player. I could’nt figure out why it was doing it. Now I know. Thank you.

WiMP 11 is my personal PC Poltergeist.

The nice thing about WiMP is that it will clean up its own messes, unlike my daughters.  Click on the Sync tab, and then the wee bar area at the bottom of the tab.  You will then be able to set up the automatic synchronization priorities.

The big ones to remove (click on each one individually from the list on the right), are “all pictures” and “all music”.  There are a few other ones like “dull TV shows” and “5 star rated commercials”, as you’ll see.

The fun part is watching WiMP slowly pick up the mess, like a distraught child.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Tapeworm wrote: 

You need to, at the very least set it to "Manual Sync’ so you have some degree of control over things. Another bad thing about ‘syncing’ (and why I will not ever do it again and only use MSC mode) is that say you transfer songs from your computer to your player using the ‘sync’ method with WMP. You then decide,“You know, I’ve got these songs on my player now and my hard drive is filling up pretty quick. I’m not going to use the files on my computer, so why don’t I just delete them and free up some hard drive sapce.” All well & good … until you plug your player into the computer the next time.

SYNC STINKS!

Somehow the same concept makes sense and works for appointments etc on my Palm.  On a player I’m always leery of what some music manager will do.  IF I delete a playlist, it doesn’t mean I want the music deleted, just the list. 

Click on the Sync tab, and then the wee bar area at the bottom of the tab

neutronbob, I am dense where is this wee bar,I cant seem to be able to get to this important place to shut off automatic sync properties:cry:

@marksj wrote:

Click on the Sync tab, and then the wee bar area at the bottom of the tab

neutronbob, I am dense where is this wee bar,I cant seem to be able to get to this important place to shut off automatic sync properties:cry:

I think he’s talking about the little down-arrow at the bottom of the Sync button.  It’s actually a like a separate button.

Still do not see the options avail there:cry:

if you have WMP 11 all you need to do is right click the fuze in the left pane and select end sync partnership.