WMP Sync

I bought a Sansa Fuze today, an early xmas present for myself.

Its a nice little machine, and the audio quality is awesome once I binned the stock headphones.

However, I’m a bit confused over how to sync it with media player, in order to get playlists.

Media Player seems to want to copy my entire music library over to it… WHUT?? Thats over 100GB… Its an 8GB Fuze, thats not going to work…

So how do I get it to sync ONLY the songs I want copying over?

If you have the playlists already created in WMP, you simply go to the Sync tab and place the playlist (The Title not the individual songs) in the sync list. Hit sync. Should work fine. If not what version of WMP are you using?

Sorry, but that doesn’t work. I have 3 play lists defined in Windows Media Player, and it still tries to sync the whole 100GB over to it, ignoring the playlists.

First things first…open WMP11

Connect Fuze…then press “Sync” then drag down to “help”

Once you’ve looked through this, “Sync” again, drag down to where it says"Sansa Fuze and go to set up sync and advanced options.

Already done, and I selected the 3 playlists I wanted to sync.

It starts off by syncing the 3 playlists first, thats fine…

Then it continues to sync everything else, until its full.

Also when I disconnect and go to music->playlists, there are no playlists listed.

@milambar wrote:

Already done, and I selected the 3 playlists I wanted to sync.

It starts off by syncing the 3 playlists first, thats fine…

Then it continues to sync everything else, until its full.

Also when I disconnect and go to music->playlists, there are no playlists listed.

There’s an option for manual sync, which is what you need.

What Firmwire do you have? Also are you using an SD card? I had issues with both things before I upgraded. I had a similar issue, mine didnt load my whole database but It would not do playlists. Also As Marvin suggested you may have some settings out of wack. If all of this lines up and you still have an issue, I am stumped.

Okay, found it, and yes, now I can sync each playlist independantly, so as only syncing what I want to copy over.

My next question is, how do I get it to recognise the playlist, because its playing them in alphabetical order, and not in the order I listed them in the playlist.

ok so you copied the playlist title into the sync tab, it synced and now its playing alphabetically and not in the order on the playlist? I have no Idea… I jsut noticed for the first time it did that to 1 of mine as well. I may try to re sync it but I am not sure why it did that. My settings match the recomended.

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 12-11-2008 02:36 AM

@milambar wrote:

Okay, found it, and yes, now I can sync each playlist independantly, so as only syncing what I want to copy over.

My next question is, how do I get it to recognise the playlist, because its playing them in alphabetical order, and not in the order I listed them in the playlist.

From here on, I can’t help you, because I don’t use playlists. Glad you got rid of the auto-sync though:smiley:

By the way, its on the latest firmware version, updating the firmware is the first thing I did.

i posted this on the first page as well but It may have gotten lost. so…

ok so you copied the playlist title into the sync tab, it synced and now its playing alphabetically and not in the order on the playlist? I have no Idea… I jsut noticed for the first time it did that to 1 of mine as well. I may try to re sync it but I am not sure why it did that. My settings match the recomended.

Found the solution, it only seems to copy the playlists if its in MTP mode. not MSC mode. I changed it to MTP mode, and resynched it, and the playlists appeared.

Actually, WMP automatically syncs the entire library.  If you go into MTP mode, then go to the down arrow on the sync tab in WMP 11.  Go to Sansa Fuze and then click setup sync.  Now you can choose what automatically syncs to your Fuze.

@xcfan wrote:
Actually, WMP automatically syncs the entire library.  If you go into MTP mode, then go to the down arrow on the sync tab in WMP 11.  Go to Sansa Fuze and then click setup sync.  Now you can choose what automatically syncs to your Fuze.

Your best bet , of course, is to set it up to not automatically do anything :wink:

Correct you are! I would just set it up to sync “Files I Added”.  Unless you have playlists that you frequently change.  Then it would be nice because it will add files or remove files added to or removed from the playlist.