Why only let me played some songs?

I download some songs from youtube but when I try to put them in my sandisk I can´t listen all of them. Even sometimes the sandisk get blocked or put the display off. I alredy try to change the tag of the songs but it didn´t work. I have a MacBook Pro and I have the usb mode in MSC.  I want to listen all my songs but my clip zip don´t let me…

What format are the songs in?

All are mp3. This never happened with my sansa clip. I did format from the sandisk twice  but didn´t work. Do you think that give it format from the pc is a good idea? if  I do this maybe all folders will dissapear. I have to say that the tracks are very large, from 30 to 60 minuts of duration. I need help!!! :cry: :confounded: please help me

Where are the sansa guru´s? What if I give it format from the pc?

What program did you use to convert the files from the YouTube format to .mp3? I doubt very seriously that your problem lies with the player. More likely there’s something amiss with the files themselves.

I used a google chrome extension. I did not use any converter. If the problem is with the files why I can listen it perfectly in my pc? 

I already Know what happens. The Sandisk does not support variable bit rate (VBR). Will not let me play any file that is (VBR). :smiley:

@sramos wrote:

I already Know what happens. The Sandisk does not support variable bit rate (VBR). Will not let me play any file that is (VBR). :smiley:

Actually, that’s not it at all–_ all _ my songs are VBR and my Clps have no issue with them.  Keep looking . . . .  Could it be problematic tags/tagging?

Yes, the older Sansa models sometimes had problems with VBR files, but that problem’s been solved for a long time now. Your Zip should ‘zip’ right through them unscathed. I still think it’s a problem (other than VBR) caused by the ripping program.

makes sense what you say because I could play songs after I change the file extension program. I assumed that the problem was (VBR) based on the information I get from itunes …:flushed:

I think  the problem is not the id3 tag because I had already changed the name of the songs with some characters that could be difficult to recognize for the player such as stars, question marks, exclamation marks, etc…:confounded: