White Screen and a Black hole

I do not know how this happened. I did not drop my Fuze. I did not squish it. I did not put it near any water. The most that I can say that I did was put it in my bag and leave it for a while. Regardless, this the second time that I’ve had a Sanza Fuze player white out on me.

This morning when I tried to turn it on, it would not do so. So I reset it, and I got this: ]http://i41.tinypic.com/1052k1s.jpg

I’m absolute baffled about what to do about and completely miffed that this is the second player I’ve gotten, and maybe 5 months later this happens. I don’t know what to do about it, please help.

Reset it again and the white screen should go away. It happens occasionally. Don’t let it ruin your day. :wink:

I’ve reset it maybe three times now, and it stays the same. I’m reallhy frustrated because it won’t even become recognized on my computer anymore…

Turn it off again by holding up the power switch and letting it reset. Then try forcing the MSC connection to get it recognized.

Slide down the power switch until it clicks into Hold position. You’ll see an orange dot in the slot.

On your computer, open Windows Explorer (Computer or My Computer). Connect the USB cord to the computer.

Hold down the << side of the wheel and connect the Fuze. It should pop up in Windows Explorer.

Now look around in the Fuze and take off whatever the last 2 or three things were that you added. Maybe one of them is making it freak out.

Typically, a 20 second reset is all that’s needed. There are however, extreme cases where the reset will not complete unless you hold the button for longer, sometimes up to a minute.

None of the steps worked, I tried them all. What do I do now?

your LCD might be broken. i have that happen to me on an old MP3 player i used to have. you should try contacting sandisk’s support. i did for mine and they were really helpful. i believe they are in india though so keep that in mind, but good luck.

@ryanrichardson wrote:

Your LCD might be broken. I had that happen to me on an old MP3 player i used to have.

Same here. I had left it on the floor at school, inside my trombone case , had not beaten or abused it in any way. Then, after class… a large crack in the screen was beheld. :cry:

@ryanrichardson wrote:

I believe they are in india though so keep that in mind, but good luck.

Why do I not doubt that? :smileyvery-happy: