White screen problem

Hey all, I am having a big problem with my Fuze. One day, I used my Fuze in the mourning and it was working flawlessly. Then, that evening, I turned on my Fuze, and then the white screen of doom appear on the screen. I tried navagating to different screens, but no dice. I tried the soft reset, and that didn’t work.

Information about my Fuze can be founded in my signature. Help would be much appreciated.

[EDIT]

I just did a format in MSC mode (accessed by having the Fuze off, then putting it in hold, then holding the rewind button as I plugged in the cable in the Fuze) And now I cannot access the Fuze at all, because the computer says that there is a problem with the USB, as if it is malfunctioning. So now I’m here with a useless Fuze on my lap. This is the first problem that I’ve had with the Fuze, and it seems like I might have to get a replacement, now that I’ve probably screwed it up.

Message Edited by pringles on 05-25-2009 10:48 AM

Message Edited by pringles on 05-25-2009 10:58 AM

@pringles wrote:

This is the first problem that I’ve had with the Fuze, and it seems like I might have to get a replacement, now that I’ve probably screwed it up.

As evidenced by the number of posts/threads surrounding the ‘White Screen Of Doom’ this malady seems to have become a real issue with the Fuze. With no one apparent ‘fix’ short of replacement.

It’s SanDisk that has screwed it up, not you! I was thinking that this issue was limited to the Rev. 2 model, as that’s when we started hearing complaints and instances of it (when the Rev.2 model started hitting consumer’s hands last November), but if you have a Rev.1 model experiencing it, maybe the situation was brought on with a firmware update. There was a release the first part of December (for both revisions).

I was also hoping that given all the complaints and threads on this same subject, Sansafix @ (or someone else @ SanDisk) would step up & at least recognize the issue, and let us know more about it, or if/when they are working on a fix, or at least if a fix is possible, as he has with other serious problems brought to his attention here on the forum.

Until such time as this happens, the only remedy seems to be returning it and gettng another one under the 1 year warranty. Not the ideal situation for either SanDisk or the consumer. :cry: