Where to find battery charge percentage?

I’ve flashed the latest  .20a firmware, but still can’t find the battery charge percentage.  I’ve tried both USB modes, and looked under Properties in both My Computer and Windows Explorer, but can’t find that number.  It’s Windows XP Home, if that matters.  Somebody please give me the magic move to display that number.  Thanks.

There’s a way to do that? O.o I just look at the battery icon on the screen of my Clip.

When the Clip is connected (in MTP mode) there should be an icon for it in Windows Explorer. Right click on it and select ‘Properties’ and the dialogue window will show a battery meter…  This doesn’t work for you, Peabody?

@peabody wrote:

I’ve flashed the latest  .20a firmware, but still can’t find the battery charge percentage.  I’ve tried both USB modes, and looked under Properties in both My Computer and Windows Explorer, but can’t find that number.  It’s Windows XP Home, if that matters.  Somebody please give me the magic move to display that number.  Thanks.

I use Windows XP home.  In MTP mode (or just left on auto detect)  - click on the circular home button (bottom left of computer), left click on computer, left click the Clip icon to highlight it, right click the Clip icon, then scroll down and left click properties.  This should give you a percentage.

If you don’t left click the Clip icon to highlight it first, you’ll get the computer’s properties displayed instead of the Clip’s.

@peabody wrote:

I use Windows XP home.  In MTP mode (or just left on auto detect), click on the circular home button (bottom left of computer), left click on computer, left click the Clip icon to highlight it, right click the Clip icon, then scroll down and left click properties.  This should give you a percentage.

If you don’t left click the Clip icon to highlight it first, you’ll get the computer’s properties displayed instead of the Clip’s.

Message Edited by Jay_Dee63 on 02-22-2008 04:37 AM

In MTP mode, when I double-click My Computer on the desktop, the Clip shows up under Audio Devices as Sandisk Sansa Clip.  When I click on the icon to select it, then right-click on it, I get the options Explore, Open and Format.  There’s no Properties option.

I don’t have a “circular home button (bottom left of computer)”.

Is WMP 10 the problem?  That’s what I’m using.  Do you have to be using 11 for this to work?  Did I miss that memo somewhere?

Correct,  the feature only is available with WMP11

Ok, thanks very much.