Wanted: Battery Status in TrayBar

to be honest i’v been expecting such a thing to be already build in somehow in windows, or at least a driver or software from sandisk to be available for download that will give that simple and useful feedback.

its annoying to open my computer several times and right click to check on battery status each day as i recharge my player.

i’v been looking all over the internet for a gadget or software that can do that, and found nothing whatsoever.

this thing however small, will be so useful for a huge number of sansa players users.

im even willing to try programming such a software myself but i have no idea how to extract the info from the player.

does any1 have any ideas on the matter ?

is it possible that sandisk will create such a (small and easy to make, yet very useful) software ?

Message Edited by agerun on 02-08-2010 11:42 AM

Since you can right-click on the Clip+ in Explorer and see the battery status there, the good news is that the information is available to Windows; the bad news is, since it’s already in the properties dialog, it probably won’t be moved to the tray.

“Since you can right-click on the Clip+ in Explorer and see the battery status there”

Only in MTP mode though, not in msc mode. I also want easier access to the battery percentage when the player is not connected.

Well, in the (yellow) status line, the battery icon is divided into ten steps, meaning ten percent per step.  I like a numerical value, but the icon will suffice.

A quick note regarding the MTP Windows battery status icon: Microsoft , in their infinite wisdom, made this display static.  It does not refresh as the battery charges.  You have to select Properties again to refresh the display.  This doesn’t make sense, since a connected device will naturally be recharging when connected, but nobody apparently realized this.

Bob  :dizzy_face:

All of Microsoft’s “Properties” displays are static. IIRC, so are the ones in KDE and Gnome, and they don’t show the battery status at all.

To refresh the display, the OS would have to query the device periodically, adding overhead. Just manually refresh the display…

@jk98 wrote:

“Since you can right-click on the Clip+ in Explorer and see the battery status there”

Only in MTP mode though, not in msc mode. I also want easier access to the battery percentage when the player is not connected.

“Battery percentage when the player is not connected”? How would that even be possible?

Edit: Oh, you mean on the Clip+ itself…

Message Edited by jsmaye on 02-09-2010 12:51 PM

Battery percentage when not connected to the computer:  Settings/System Settings/Info/Power.