When ive inserted the SD card and turn clip+ on it just hangs on the sansa emblem?

Hi everyone …!

When I insert the sd card to the clip when it’s turned on it’s fine…Refreshes and everything.But turn it off and then on again and the screen stays on the sansa emblem???.

Am i missing something something really simple…?.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lemoneffect wrote:

Hi everyone …!

When I insert the sd card to the clip when it’s turned on it’s fine…Refreshes and everything.But turn it off and then on again and the screen stays on the sansa emblem???.

Am i missing something something really simple…?.

Any help would be appreciated.

You’re only supposed to add/remove the card while the player is off.

Lucky iv’e only done that the once!

Have i damaged the card then???

Thanks for the reply.

Lemoneffect wrote:

Lucky iv’e only done that the once!

Have i damaged the card then???

Thanks for the reply.

I wouldn’t think so…I even did it once one day, by accident.

It seems to work sometimes?

Then when i try to turn it on again it freezes at the emblem.

I’ve updated the firmware.Do i have to set anything different on the clip to help this?

@lemoneffect wrote:

It seems to work sometimes?

Then when i try to turn it on again it freezes at the emblem.

I’ve updated the firmware.Do i have to set anything different on the clip to help this?

Could be a corrupted file or similar causing the issue.  If it were me, I would format the card using the Panasonic sd card formatting program; then see if the problem persists.  There may be a file or two on the card that the Clip+ doesn’t like.  Keep in mind that you will lose the data on the card when you perform the format.  If it still wants to misbehave, I would try the card in a card reader or computer to see if the card itself is not to blame.

Once the issue has been identified, you may want to S-L-O-W-L-Y add the content back onto the card; making it easier to pinpoint the file (s) that may be causing the lock-up.  You’ll probably have to strip the tags and start afresh with these to make them behave with the player.