No SD card = Do nothing

OK, so a weird problem has happened with my 4GB Clip+: I inserted my 2GB SD card to hear some songs I didn’t have on my Clip+. The problem came after I took out the SD card. When I turn on the Sansa, it stays on the logo screen for almost 2 mins. and then it proceeds to the last song played, but none of the buttons seem to work (much like its frozen); but when I insert the SD card, it works normally.

I inserted the SD card before and it never gave me problems. It just happened a few days ago and now, if I want to listen to my Clip+, I have to put the SD card, or it just doesn’t work. I tried resetting it, installing updates and putting/taking out the SD card, but nothing has worked so far. Any tips, help… anything is welcome. Thanks in advance!

Are you inserting or removing the card only while the player is off?

@zyclone wrote:

OK, so a weird problem has happened with my 4GB Clip+: I inserted my 2GB SD card to hear some songs I didn’t have on my Clip+. The problem came after I took out the SD card. When I turn on the Sansa, it stays on the logo screen for almost 2 mins. and then it proceeds to the last song played, but none of the buttons seem to work (much like its frozen); but when I insert the SD card, it works normally.

I inserted the SD card before and it never gave me problems. It just happened a few days ago and now, if I want to listen to my Clip+, I have to put the SD card, or it just doesn’t work. I tried resetting it, installing updates and putting/taking out the SD card, but nothing has worked so far. Any tips, help… anything is welcome. Thanks in advance!

Try to to do an Error Check on the Sansa. Make sure it is on MSC mode. Click here for instructions.

If error check still does not work, maybe it’s time to format the Sansa.