What's the latest Firmware Version ?

What’s the latest Firmware version for Sansa Fuze ??   Why can’t I find that information on the website ?

You’d think typing “firmware” in the search would give some useful results. Time to look for a competitor product.

Before you run off to the Apple Store, check out the “Sansa Fuze Firmware Update” topic, among the “sticky” topics at the top of the list on this very board.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=9473

@homebrew wrote:

What’s the latest Firmware version for Sansa Fuze ??   Why can’t I find that information on the website ?

You’d think typing “firmware” in the search would give some useful results. Time to look for a competitor product.

Oh yeah, because you can’t find a link on a website, or the latest firmware version . . . that’s a totally valid reason for getting a different player! :angry:

I guess some guys just need to be hit over the head with a drill press before they can see something.

Obviously, you didn’t look in the right place and beings that on the main Sansa Community forum page here is a listing for the Sansa Fuze board , and beings that listing is at the top of the Devices section, and beings that the Fuze Firmware Update post & subsequent thread are 3rd from the top of the main Fuze page leads me to want to introduce you to Mr. Drill Press.

But you go right ahead and take your Fuze back and get something else with better product & customer support.

Oh wait! There aren’t any!

Ok, then get one of those over-rated, over-priced, under-featured I-thingys.

Oh wait! They don’t get firmware updates like SanDisk gives it’s products!

Guess you better return it and just hum to yourself.

Tapeworm wrote:

Oh yeah, because you can’t find a link on a website, or the latest firmware version . . . that’s a totally valid reason for getting a different player! :angry:

I guess some guys just need to be hit over the head with a drill press before they can see something.

Obviously, you didn’t look in the right place and beings that on the main Sansa Community forum page here is a listing for the Sansa Fuze board , and beings that listing is at the top of the Devices section, and beings that the Fuze Firmware Update post & subsequent thread are 3rd from the top of the main Fuze page leads me to want to introduce you to Mr. Drill Press.

But you go right ahead and take your Fuze back and get something else with better product & customer support.

Oh wait! There aren’t any!

Ok, then get one of those over-rated, over-priced, under-featured I-thingys.

Oh wait! They don’t get firmware updates like SanDisk gives it’s products!

Guess you better return it and just hum to yourself.

OK, so I’ve only had 3 Fuze’s in a row go bad … I should stick with it though because this awesome support has easily explained how to fix it.

Sure, I’ll scroll through 29 pages of postings in the hope I might find an accurate post of the current firmware version.  It’s too difficult to have a link, better to rely on various outdated postings.

nice

Nice

to tapeworm not idiot who does not know how to read something my six year old could do

did you try things like the Chdsk utility, checking your id3tags, reinstalling the firmware to make sure its not corrupted, formating and reloading? If you dont do the basic things then you cant have success.

@homebrew wrote:

OK, so I’ve only had 3 Fuze’s in a row go bad … I should stick with it though because this awesome support has easily explained how to fix it.

Sure, I’ll scroll through 29 pages of postings in the hope I might find an accurate post of the current firmware version.  It’s too difficult to have a link, better to rely on various outdated postings.

Nobody’s telling you to stick with it, and exactly how were we to know that you’ve had 3 bad ones? The responses you received were to what you wrote in your original post in this thread. You said only:

And 29 pages? I don’t think so! 2 mouse-clicks is all that it takes from the main forum page to get the answer you seek. There’s absolutely no scrolling required. And typing just the word ‘firmware’ into the Search field is not narrowing it down enough. Of course you’re going to get every mention of the word that’s ever been written here. I’m surprised it wasn’t 129 pages! Is that the way you search on Google too?

I’m sorry you’ve had 3 bad units and that our ‘awesome support’ hasn’t lived up to your standards, but that’s no excuse for projecting your frustration at others who are only trying to help or ‘embellishing’ your difficulty in finding the current firmware version when it’s virtually right in front of you.

Good luck with your next player. I mean that sincerely. Call it fate, an omen, luck of the draw, whatever. Maybe owning this player is not menat to be for you. If I had 3 of the same units go bad for either the same or various reasons, I wouldn’t hesitate to get a different brand.

But the ‘snarkiness’ really wasn’t necessary.

@homebrew wrote:

Nobody’s telling you to stick with it, and exactly how were we to know that you’ve had 3 bad ones? The responses you received were to what you wrote in your original post in this thread. You said only:

And 29 pages? I don’t think so! 2 mouse-clicks is all that it takes from the main forum page to get the answer you seek. There’s absolutely no scrolling required. And typing just the word ‘firmware’ into the Search field is not narrowing it down enough. Of course you’re going to get every mention of the word that’s ever been written here. I’m surprised it wasn’t 129 pages! Is that the way you search on Google too?

I’m sorry you’ve had 3 bad units and that our ‘awesome support’ hasn’t lived up to your standards, but that’s no excuse for projecting your frustration at others who are only trying to help or ‘embellishing’ your difficulty in finding the current firmware version when it’s virtually right in front of you.

Good luck with your next player. I mean that sincerely. Call it fate, an omen, luck of the draw, whatever. Maybe owning this player is not meant to be for you. If I had 3 of the same units go bad for either the same or various reasons, I wouldn’t hesitate to get a different brand.

ha ha ha ha!

ha ha ha ha

ROFL

That’ll be enough of that.

@ickster wrote:

ha ha ha ha!

I see ickster got a weekend furlough from the home.

I’m not trading insults with you. Just sick of you and your posse attacking people who just come here for help. Fully half your posts contain insults. And before your buddies get on to defend you,note when they joined. Posers who blast the forum with sheer numbers of posts (mostly insults) then actually believe the title GURU…what a joke.

I have been on the Archos forum for over a month and have not seen one insult. NOT ONE.

And my Arcos 605 actually plays videos, and loads just about everything I throw at it… What a concept

So let 'er rip. Have Fun. You don’t bother me and I’n not listening. JERK

Woa, you guys fight anywhere you see eachother lol.

@ickster wrote:

I have been on the Archos forum for over a month and have not seen one insult. NOT ONE.

And my Arcos 605 actually plays videos, and loads just about everything I throw at it… What a concept

So let 'er rip. Have Fun. You don’t bother me and I’n not listening. JERK

And you haven’t seen any here either, except in your own mind. And the funny part is, not one of the so-called insults are being directed at you, so 1.) how can you judge the context in which the statements are made without being involved in the discussion, and 2.) just what business is it of yours?

You seem to like to lurk and then suddenly jump into an already existing converstion and sling insults and attempt to belittle people without any provocation. And you do this what, once a month or so? So you really have no clue as to what’s going on or what problems people have had, or what’s been said or done.

I’m here every day or every couple of days and yes, I try to help people. And from the thank you’s I read, I can only assume that I must be doing something right. Sometimes I use humor (maybe the left-handed variety on occasion) and sarcasm, but I have never resorted to calling someone a JERK.

And you have done that to me 3 times (if my count is accurate) in what, the last 15 minutes?

That’s OK if it boosts your ego or makes you feel good. I’m happy that you’ve found a player that fits your needs. There is no one perfect solution to every problem, so the Sansa line of players are not ‘be-all, end-all’ of mp3 players. There’s a lot of fish in the sea. And a lot of fishermen. The important thing is that you found one that you like, does what you want it to do, and makes you happy.

That is, after all the bottom line, isn’t it?

Tapeworm wrote:

Fuze Firmware Update post & subsequent thread are 3rd from the top

And 29 pages? I don’t think so!

Go into the thread and count … 29 pages last time I looked.

@homebrew wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

Fuze Firmware Update post & subsequent thread are 3rd from the top

And 29 pages? I don’t think so!

Go into the thread and count … 29 pages last time I looked.

What he’s saying is that the answer you seek is in the very first post in that 29 page thread :wink: