What's the latest Firmware Version ?

@homebrew wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

Fuze Firmware Update post & subsequent thread are 3rd from the top

And 29 pages? I don’t think so!

Go into the thread and count … 29 pages last time I looked.

AHH. I was wondering about the 29 page count as well, it makes sense now. It will be reset soon, when the new one is released. 

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 02-22-2009 12:48 AM

Thank you for an actual answer. I saw that first post, but since the post was last updated more than 2 months ago, I was not sure how accurate it was. I am on that version and was looking for some way to verify it is the latest version #.

When a new firmware is released, either the first post will be edited to reflect the latest version or a new topic will be started.

“I guess some guys just need to be hit over the head with a drill press before they can see something.” INSULT

"Oh wait! There aren’t any!

Ok, then get one of those over-rated, over-priced, under-featured I-thingys.

Oh wait! They don’t get firmware updates like SanDisk gives it’s products!

Guess you better return it and just hum to yourself." One whole paragraph of "Snarkiness"!

That’s one post.

“3.) Process read content with  . . . what is it? Oh yeah, a brain!”

Did you just tell the OP they were STUPID?  If you said this to my face…well we might be rolling on the floor. Would you say this to my face? If so, you have no manners.

That’s the 2nd post.

"But if all you want to do is rant about the product and/or bad-mouth the company who makes it and the people who trying to help you (and remember, you came here looking for help didn’t you?), then please return your Fuze and get on with your life. We don’t need that type of contribution. There are people here that we can help.

There is no point whatsoever to continuing to post about something that you (or any of us for that matter) have no control over. It’s not productive, and can only escalate to nowhere."

This whole paragraph is a perfect example of how you just cannot resist putting people in their place. You cannot resist. 

Tapeworm, I still own my Fuze. I liked it for music. Maybe someday it will do as advertised and accept movies.

I am also here every single day. I see how you and you posse regularly lord your knowledge and make people feel bad. I can just hack so much of your snarkiness (your word) before I bust. You directed it at me from the first day I posted here. I’ve felt your insults and didn’t like it. If you can’t be nice to people, Don’t post. Like I said before, just because someone posts a question you’ve seen before (ad nauseum), doesn’t give you ANY right to chide, correct, or put people in their place. Like Archie said to Edith…Stifle. 

The search doesn’t always produce results or the right answer…or for that matter answers that are always easy to find.

And you think that because you didn’t put that scowling childish face in your posts made them NOT insulting? Using that logic, me calling you a jerk wasn’t an insult. I didn’t put a scowly face in.

Exactly how old ARE you?

And It is my business…I have to slog through your BS.

All I have ever said to YOU, is to be NICE! I actually thought you got it. Guess not.

Those threads just get built upon and built upon between releases. Then when a new one comes out, they reset them. I think thats where all the hostility started. It seem so simple to some that if it says Firmware then thats it, despite the subsequent 28 pages that just add to confusion.

My last comment on this.

I may be guilty of blindsiding Tapeworm. IMO, he sets himself up for it with his behavior. People come here for help with their problems and the camaraderie with fellow Sansa users. Not to be insulted, belittled, attacked or snarked. (edit) They may be angry and not be pc in their comments, but they are not insulting each other.

Why do these people think it is OK to insult people like they do? This is not Tapeworms, Conversionboxs nor Marvin Martins forum (both of whom jumped right in with their insults and antagonistic attitudes (I know, I know, I started it)). I can’t help but defend the underdog.

Like I said once already I go to other forums where the users are actually gracious, kind and helpful to each other without  resorting to “snarkiness”.

I challenge Tapeworm to help people without insulting them in any way.

Either way I said my peace.

Message Edited by ickster on 02-22-2009 08:08 AM

Message Edited by ickster on 02-22-2009 08:09 AM

Message Edited by ickster on 02-22-2009 08:12 AM

I seriously think there should be a fuze therapy forum in here, really I do, people here have some issues with each other that need to be worked out

Some people have nothing better to do with their time then try to get people who really do try to help worked up and to start fights on a message board. I have this site up in the background while I work and when I need a break I jump on for a while, so I see a lot of people come and go on here and its some thing I for one am used to but that doesnt make it fun.

For the record, I have no problems with ickster (or anybody else) that need to be worked out. Unfortunately, he apparently has one with me. So be it.

I’d like to apologize to everyone to has had to witness this recent exchange on this board. I should know better than to be baited and reduced to wallowing in the mud with someone just itching for a fight.

I have not instigated any arguments or confrontations with ickster. Yet, every so often he floods the board with personal attacks against me and others for no apparent reason as he has not be taunted, insulted or even mentioned in any way.

In the future, I will try harder to ignore any childish attempts to draw me into a verbal sparring match that sends the thread off-topic and detracts from the quality of discussions here.

Ickster , I wished you well before and I meant it. If you can’t let go of whatever it is about me that irritates you, then please try to keep it to yourself and don’t subject everyone else here to the petty bickering. This really isn’t the place for it.

Just for the record…

Tapeworm, ConversionBox, Marvin and others have been nothing but kind and helpful to me…

My motto is … if you are kind and polite, others will follow suit.  If you are nasty and rude, the same holds true.

I know they have, all I’m saying is, try not to encourage them by replying to there comments just ignore them

they are just acting like little kids 

Hey folks!

I’m glad to see things working out a bit, you had me worried this morning.  Unfriendly posts and short tempers are quite infectious, and run the serious risk of poisoning the forum.

I know that repetitive questions can be difficult at times, but please don’t lose sight of the fact that many posters are not adults, and many do not speak English as their native language.

Also, think back to your first post.  It’s fun to see that the forum works by making that first post, even though that question may have been answered many times.

The search function can be a wonderful tool- once you get used to its operation.  For a new user, it can be difficult to navigate with.

Remember, it ll boils down to one issue: enjoying your Sansa!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: