What brand/type of Bluetooth Earbuds are compatible with the SanDisk Clip Sports Plus

Can someone please provide a list or even name just one brand/type Bluetooth earbuds that actually pair, connect and work with the SanDisk Clip Sports Plus. It’s so frustrating to keep purchasing different Bluetooth earbuds only to find that SanDisk will not pair & connect with them - it will show up in the list, but won’t connect.

Obviously there is an issue with SanDisk’s antiquated Bluetooth technology that has not been upgraded with any firmware that will allow the player to pair with technology that is newer than 2.0. VERY FRUSTRATING!

SanDisk if you can’t fix this issue, at least provide customers with a list of compatible Bluetooth earbuds and ear phones.

THANK YOU!

3 Likes

i was able to connect my Bose AE Soundlink to my sport plus. Also i have headphones by Anker soundcore liberty q10. and Anker Soundcore Liberty Neo earbuds. also AukeyTrue Wireless Earbuds.
and i have hooked up my jbl charge 3 and 4 to it. all these work with the sport plus

I have the new TOZO NC9 bluetooth earbuds and they connected without any problems. The TOZO NC9 earbuds are Bluetooth 5.0 and my Clip Sport Plus (32Gb) is running the B201 Bluetooth software (found in Settings → System Settings → Info)

The Sony MDR-XB50BS wireless stereo headset connects fine.

I just happened to read this response. I have a 16gb Sandisk Clip Sport Clip plus and when I go to info in Settings I only have the Version of 2.23.B01 for the firmware. Nothing for the Bluetooth version. Am I missing something? I purchased the Tribit Flybuds 3 to pair with the Clip, and disappointed in the results. Do you get good volume with the TOZO?
Thanks

I’m very pleased with the TOZO NC9 earbuds. They are noise cancelling and I find that it helps with the volume which is plenty loud for me. One additional thing I did was buy some Comply TrueGrip TW-170-A foam ear tips and put them on my TOZO NC9 ear buds in lieu of the factory TOZO rubber tips. Nothing wrong with the TOZO rubber tips, but I’ve found the foam ear tips give me a more comfortable fit as they are like foam ear plugs - they expand to fit your ear cavity.

I will give them a try. When you look at your info screen, does it show a firmware version for the Clip and the Bluetooth?

Thanks

FYI: Sandisk customer service informed me that my Bluetooth s.2 earbuds won’t work correctly with the clip sport plus. I used two different pair (a Tozo and a JVC both 5.2) and while they will connect the volume level is low. I had sent a clip sport plus back for warranty repair and while waiting for it to return I bought new earbuds. The first pair (the JVC) I sent back because I thought the volume issue was a problem of the earbuds. While I was waiting for the return I bought a pair of Tozo T6 earbuds. I found the same issue, so now I knew I was having an “issue” with the player. I called customer support and after describing the issue, the agent told me that the player doesn’t support 5.2. Be Aware if you buy a new player. Make sure your player will support the latest Bluetooth earbuds.