Wall Charger for Sansa Fuze?

Hello, I hope you are doing well.

I am trying to help my dad purchase a wall charger for his Sansa Fuze (I gave it to him as a birthday present, but he does not have a computer and needs a wall charger). What type of wall chargers should I be looking at? I believe it will either take a standard USB charger or a standard mini-USB charger, but I would like to know which of the two. Will this one or this one or this one work?

Thank you,

Vic

That was easy!  Nice finds, incidentally.  The first link you provided is a clone of the Motorola folding-plug telephone charger, with a standard USB socket that the SanDisk Fuze cable will plug into.

This is the type of wee beastie that you want.  Essentially, if it has a standard USB socket, it’s hard to go wrong, with one exception: if the Fuze says “connected” while plugged into the wall charger, there’s a connection to the data pins within the charger (some MP3 players need this, but the Sansa does not).

The two other chargers shown have what looks like a mini-B USB connector, usable for Sansa Clip.

Further, avoid aftermarket chargers with the 30-pin device connector that do not specifically state that it’s a SanDisk Sansa compatible cable, as there are many iPod chargers that offer a 30-pin end connector that looks similar to the SanDisk one, but they will FRY the Sansa.  Ipod connections are different from the Sansa ones.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Hi, I agree with the above recommendation for the first *type* of charger, but the specific charger you linked to (the $1.00 one) is pretty crumby.  I bought it for my Sansa e280, and it will only charge it to about 25%.  I didn’t want to pay more, though, so I just went back to charging via my computer.  So unfortunately, I do not have a specific recommendation, but i would remind you that one does tend to get what they pay for.   (I do have this baby, http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Mini-Surge-Mount-Charger/dp/B0016IXEWG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1257827612&sr=8-1  which works great with my e280, Fuze, and Clip, but probably is more than you’re looking for).

A big “thank you” to the both of you for the help and the very informative replies. As per the second user’s reply, I may look for a better charger, though you are correct about the one you linked to being a bit too expensive for my tastes. Thanks again!

I would think you’d want one with 5V, 1.0 amp output.  That small first one doesn’t have enough output.  A computer’s USB 2.0 can put out 5V, 1.0 amp.

I have a USB AC Adapter charger for my Sprint HTC phone, CNR 5310, will that work with the Sansa Fuze 8GB?