Volume will not turn up...only down

Everything was fine with my sansa clip until I updated the firmware. The volume button doesn’t work now. I can only turn my clip down, not up or even back up. It isn’t a matter of the high/low problem people were having…I already tried the “reset all” with all of the different regions. I loved this device…very frustrated now. Idea’s?    -Thanx

I would try re-installing the firmware (manually). You can even install the previous version if you want, but there has been no reports of any firmware update “breaking” the volume switch.

If this doesn’t help, it’s likely that it’s just a coincidence that the volume happened to fail at the same time.

yeah…sound’s good. I appreciate that my friend. I’m just a very computer illiterat guy. I struggle with things like this…Lulz

For some reason when I download the firmware and it asks me to run it…I select run and nothing happens…

You’re probably trying to run the Updater. It will only update; it won’t re-install. Since it already sees you have the latest firmware, there is nothing for it to do.

Go to the Firmware Thread, look up your exact model (original Clip, Clip+ or Clip Zip), download and extract the appropriate .zip file and follow the manual installation instructions. Easy, peasy. :smiley:

My beloved Sandisk Sansa Clip will no longer turn up the volume, it will only go down to a level that is barely audible.

I am not in Eurpope or having the high volume setting problem, but simply cannot get the button on the right

side of the unit to work anymore.  Just stopped working all of the sudden, no drops or damage of any kind.  Please help.

Love my clip and now I am sick over not being able to use it anymore.

@melpjones wrote:

My beloved Sandisk Sansa Clip will no longer turn up the volume, it will only go down to a level that is barely audible.

I am not in Eurpope or having the high volume setting problem, but simply cannot get the button on the right

side of the unit to work anymore.  Just stopped working all of the sudden, no drops or damage of any kind.  Please help.

Love my clip and now I am sick over not being able to use it anymore.

Sorry to say, it sounds like a solder connection to the volume switch (or other hardware issue) has failed. If you’re handy with a small-tipped soldering iron, you might be able to fix it, otherwise say good-bye to your trusty friend and get a new player.