Volume control

I am thinking of buying a Sansa 4GB.  Does it have a variable volume control?  I was told the 1GB model only had “normal” or “high” settings.

TIA,

Jayhawker

All of the Clip models have up and down buttons to control the volume. The normal vs high setting is a volume limiter. At the high setting, the maximum volume the player can put out should be greater than at normal. Some have said they don’t notice a difference though.

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Jayhawker

We’re good folks here.

:slight_smile:

I have this same problem. I have it on High but it doesn’t sound any different and I have to have the setting at the max to hear it - people can still talk to me however with headphones on. My old sansa was much louder. I bought this a few months ago and hadn’t used it much but now am going on holidays next week for 4 months and wondering what to do…

I have this problem too on my Fuze.  I have a ‘Normal’ and a ‘High’ that sound exactly alike and I can barely hear it even with a Sennheiser Noisegard on AND I can hear everything else around me.  WTF?  I listen to music that should be played at high volumes and this is a major negative for me, I only bought it yesterday, very happy with the reviews I read but none of them mentioned this particular problem.  A deal breaker for me unless someone has a solution for me.

Message Edited by Boudiccae on 05-07-2009 06:55 AM

This may not be a solution for everyone, as music collections differ etc, but I use mediamonkey and/or mp3gain to change the volumes on all my tracks (with the exception of those that clipped really badly).  It solved both the volume being a little lower than I would like and the fact that I hate having to adjust the volume for every track.  They added replay gain to the fuze which would help clip users (you wouldn’t have to alter the file itself) but I’m not sure if it will make it to the clip. 

Just because of that I downgraded my firmware from 2.01.32 (for v2 Clip) to 2.01.16a (for v2 Clip). The volume is nearly two times higher now.

European versions of firmware may have a much lower maximum volume than other versions. If you have European firmware, then try using other firmware. A more efficient headphone or earphone will give higher volume. Some headphones or earphones are over 120 db/mw efficiency, while others might even be under 100. A difference of 10 db/mw means a factor of 10 in the volume(which is perceived by most as around twice as loud).

good morning !

I have a problem with my sansa clip plus 2gb volume.

I bought it yesterday and in the max. volume I hear very low…

I have changed the  equalization to max and still very low…

can you help me please.

someone told me that i need to upgrade something.

(I am sorry for my bad english :confused: )

kinglir wrote:

good morning !

can you help me please.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clip&thread.id=23384

good morning !

can you help me please.

Under the Clip+'s settings, choose Reset All and choose N America or Rest of World as your region.  This, then, gives you a High volume setting option under the settings.  (If you chose the EU as your region originally, you were not given that option, due to EU volume regulations.)