vid issues!

Hi, all.

I’m glad I found this forum… it has been useful during my time lurking here.

I’m hoping someone can steer me in the right direction regarding video on my 4g Fuze. I successfully converted a DVD to a Fuze-compatible file type (sorry… I can’t remember which one, specifically), and successfully loaded it into my Fuze using SMC.

Only problem: it doesn’t seem to show up in the Fuze’s UI. It is visible- sitting right there in my slot card-  on my computer in Windows Explorer, and I can even play it in WMP, but no can do on the Fuze itself. At present, the player is in MSC mode (whatever that is- I’m still rather new to all this), and I can find every other file I have loaded- including podcasts and other videos.

I tried looking through the forum archives, but couldn’t seem to find a thread regarding this particular problem.  My apologies up-front if this is a repeat issue.

Thanks in advance for any help you may impart.

@clemzilla wrote:

I successfully converted a DVD to a Fuze-compatible file type (sorry… I can’t remember which one, specifically), and successfully loaded it into my Fuze using SMC.

Only problem: it doesn’t seem to show up in the Fuze’s UI. It is visible- sitting right there in my slot card-  on my computer in Windows Explorer, and I can even play it in WMP, but no can do on the Fuze itself.

Apparently you weren’t that sucessful. :stuck_out_tongue:

Take it off the unit and try video4fuze

Thanks, BR, I’ll give it a try.

DUDE YOU ARE THE SHIZ!! i got my fuze downloaded there media converter and screwed around all freakin night with magic media converter in background trying to find a combination of formATS THAT THE FUZE MEDIA CONVERTER WOULD convert and nothing worked i was about ready to take the thing back for a refund …

and the i found your post…think god i did i downloaded your videoforfuze…and work the first time i havent found a format yet that it wont convert properly…cheers!!! for videoforfuze…and its free even better and works on linux!!!