Vertical Blue Line in screen

Hi,

After one day of usage, I am getting a vertical blue line on the screen. Defective LCD ? Tried to reapply the latest firmware, but that did not change anything. Any other things to try before a submit a RMA ?

I had the same thing on my new black zip.

The first time the battery run down to the point of shutting off,

When i recharged it the line was gone and has never come back.

Thanks for your reply! I’ll wait then and hope for the best :wink:

Note that, in case you need it, you have at least a 1 year warranty on your Zip (assuming it was new and not a refurb), which came out last August.  

Yes, it’s a new unit and I got a good deal from newegg, $39.99. So, I am a bit reluctant to shell out 20$ to ship it back since that was a sweet deal.

Ans so far, the blue bar still there after a full battery cycle… :frowning:

I don’t know if Newegg “matches” the Amazon product replacement policy for defective products:  Amazon will cover the postage for return (via a postage-paid return label it sends you) as well as send out, at no cost, a replacement.  You might want to check with Newegg, if your Clip was just recently purchased.

Apart from Newegg, if you need to take advantage of SanDisk’s warranty directly with it, SanDisk (at least in the U.S.) covers the return postage as well as for the replacement that is sent out.

http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/contact-us?utm_source=ContactUs&utm_medium=Hyperlink&utm_campaign=HomePageTracking

Nope, they don’t pay for returns as stated below. I really love my new player and I would prefer not to wait another 3-4 weeks to have it replaced, but I guess I will contact Sandisk directly if the problem persist. Thank you for all your input!

_ Does Newegg.ca pay the return shipping cost for defective merchandise? _

No, Newegg.ca does not pay the return shipping cost for defective merchandise . However, if you pay to send the item back to Newegg.ca, we will replace the item and ship the replacement to you at no charge. Newegg.ca will employ every resource it has to ensure that your item is replaced promptly, without hassle.

@technojo wrote:

Nope, they don’t pay for returns as stated below. I really love my new player and I would prefer not to wait another 3-4 weeks to have it replaced, but I guess I will contact Sandisk directly if the problem persist.

SanDisk normally does not take anywhere near this time-frame for a replacment. Not this time of year anyway. They’re usually very fast & efficient making the process as pain-free as possible to the customer. Calling SanDisk Tech Support is your best option.

I must say, other Internet-based companies could learn alot from Amazon’s customer service orientation.  :)

@miikerman wrote:

I must say, other Internet-based companies could learn alot from Amazon’s customer service orientation.  :)

A large part of what has led to Amazon’s success over the years. It’s simply not enough to have the lowest prices on things. People want service too, before AND after the sale. :wink:

I got the same exact problem, has yours been sorted out yet?