Vertical lines permanently on screen

I just received my Sansa Clip+. I turned it on and everything seemed fine. I put in my MicroSD card and it was working perfectly, but after a few songs, a bright vertical line appeared on the right side of the screen. Soon after, a second line appeared. The lines are brighter than the rest of the screen and stay on no matter what is displaying. I can’t figure out what could have caused this since the screen was fine when I first turned it on and I did nothing that could have physically damaged the screen. Does anybody know what the problem might be?

sounds like it is probably a bad screen. you can try reloading the firmware but it will probably not help. If it does not change after reloading the firmware then it is a bad screen and it would need to be replaced. since you just got it returning it to the place of purchase would be your fastest option. 

I don’t want to return it since I bought it online. I’ve already been having withdrawals from having no player for a couple of weeks. I’m going to try to fully discharge it. The lines seemed to have become dimmer over time and then they got brighter when I started to charge the battery.

@foods wrote:
I don’t want to return it since I bought it online. I’ve already been having withdrawals from having no player for a couple of weeks. I’m going to try to fully discharge it. The lines seemed to have become dimmer over time and then they got brighter when I started to charge the battery.

Well, I suppose if you run it in a constant state of discharge that might wortk, but you can only use it for a few minutes at a time. :wink:

You’ve got a defective unit. SEND IT BACK! Would you rather suffer every time you turn it on and look at it for the next 6 months until the OLED screen finally gives out altogether, or live without a player for a few days so you can get what you paid for; a properly and defect-free device.

If need be, you could contact SanDisk for a warranty replacement; they will cover the shipping both ways.  But note that some sellers will cover the return shipping for a defective unit as well, and provide a speedy replacement–Amazon is super in that regard (and has delivered to me a replacement product within 2 days, even though I told them to save the extra shipping cost, as I didn’t need the replacement product immediately).

I’d try the firmware reapplication but then, if that doesn’t fix matters, definitely replace the unit, one way or another–you don’t want to live with that defect.