USB drive 64gb micro not displaying data

I have a USB drive with a micro connection as well as the USB connection. When I insert it into my laptop I hear a noise and in file explorer is shows (twice) as mapped to my E drive. In device manager it shows as USB Mass Storage Device. However when I click on it in file explorer I get a green bar and then the screen freezes. I’ve tried to uninstall the device but it just keeps showing a green bar going across in the uninstall device window. Any ideas on how I can get to access my data? Thanks.
PS also tried third party sw such as EaseUS and that doesn’t show the device. Or just keeps saying Refreshing Drive Information.

Hi @Julietdelta,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the SD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:

Blockquote no. I haven’t. Didn’t know I could for a usb drive.

It looks like there may be an issue with the USB drive or its connection. If you can arrange another computer, connect the USB drive and see if you can access the data there. This will help decide if the issue is specific to your laptop or the drive itself.
Also, Boot your laptop in Safe Mode, which loads only essential drivers and minimizes software conflicts.