USB 2.0 Data Transfer cable is only sold on SanDisk.com! And not shipping outside the US?

Hi.

I just got my Sansa Fuze, and I love it :smileyvery-happy:

So now I want to purchase an extra data transfer cable or two: One for the office, and maybe one for travelling.

But it seems I can’t get it anywhere in Denmark. So I tried eBay.co.uk. No luck.

So I turned to Sandisk.com and read: “USB 2.0 Data Transfer cable is only sold on SanDisk.com!”. Buying from the US usually means a lot of postage and the risk of paying tax and customs, but if that’s the only way … :cry:

So I went to http://shop.sandisk.com to purchase two cables. But seems the order form only lists one country: United States! :angry:

So now what? Can’t I get an extra cable, just because I live outside the US? :angry:

I’d try calling the Tech Support here:

European Technical Support

Denmark (English)
+8005555530
9am - 6pm local Copenhagen time 

Maybe they get get you what you need or at least steer you in the right direction to get it closer to your home. :smiley:

Works with Fuze. Some vendors  ship internationally

http://www.amazon.com/Retractable-Hotsync-Charging-Cable-Sandisk/dp/B0012N8D8U

There are several retailers that sell Sansa View cables:

Amazon link

These are all from small vendors, so the cable you get may vary depending on the vendor. I ordered one from ClearAV for 52 cents. It was a very nice black cable (even though the spec says white) in retail packaging. I would expect to walk into an electronics store and pay about 40 times as much, if they have it! Even with international shipping it should be quite inexpensive.

Message Edited by bdb on 10-31-2008 05:59 PM

@bdb wrote:

There are several retailers that sell Sansa View cables:

Amazon link

These are all from small vendors, so the cable you get may vary depending on the vendor. I ordered one from ClearAV for 52 cents. It was a very nice black cable (even though the spec says white) in retail packaging. I would expect to walk into an electronics store and pay about 40 times as much, if they have it! Even with international shipping it should be quite inexpensive.

Message Edited by bdb on 10-31-2008 05:59 PM

Thank you, for taking the time to answer my post, but I’d really prefere original cables. I’ve tried buying non-original cables for an iPod, and the quality just wasn’t anything near the quality of the original cable. But if everything else fails, I’ll try your suggestion :smiley:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000IMYAVU

This is an item that not only comes with a quality cable, but a wall charger and a charger for you car lighter. All by a reliable company. The Macally charger bites! As others on Amazon have claimed the connections on the Macally are not very good. I had mine for a couple of months and it stopped working after 3 or 4 usages!

@tapeworm wrote:

I’d try calling the Tech Support here:

European Technical Support

Denmark (English)
+8005555530
9am - 6pm local Copenhagen time 

Maybe they get get you what you need or at least steer you in the right direction to get it closer to your home. :smiley:

Thanks.

But I’ve tried calling that number a few times - I’ve checked the numer twice, and I found the same telephone number on  http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1692#europe but the number is out of service!

A service number that is out of service - go figure :cry:

I can vouch for this one from Amazon UK. Works well with my e260v2 & Fuze.  Nicely made.

Thank you :smileyvery-happy:

But I found this on eBay UK.

The trick is, I found out, to NOT search for “Fuze” but only for Sansa. I’m pretty sure it’s the same cable, and an original cable too.

(But ‘original’, it seems, is no garanty for quality - the cable that came with the player is not working as it should now (i HOPE it’s the cable))

I just ordered, an expect the cable shortly.

Thanks for all your help. I’ll keep this tread open, to tell you if I’m right (original cable, fits the Fuze).

Message Edited by RipRapRob on 11-14-2008 07:28 AM

Sorry about the dis-connected phone #. I got it the same place your link pointed to. Do you have anything in Denmark like we do in the States, Directory Assistance? Where you can call a telephone operator and have them search the number for some place, or maybe there are ‘local’ websites where you can do this yourself?

All the Sansa cables with the 30-pin connector end will fit the Fuze (and many other Sansa models), so you should be OK when it arrives. The only exception is the Clip that uses a mini-USB plug.

I hope this solves your problem when it arrives. :smiley:

Thank your for confirming that the cable should fit - nice to know :smileyvery-happy:

I actually already did a search for the danish representative for/importer of Sandisk (agent or whatever) but it seems Sandisk themselves does not have an office in Denmark (that might explain why the telephone number is a non-danish one).

So, without knowing the name of the Danish company that imports Sandisk, it’s hard to find the number :cry:

Cable arrived today.

No change - I’m going to have to return my player.

I’ve lost some confidence in the quality of this otherwise nice player :cry:

Cable arrived today.

No change Didn’t fix the problem - I’m going to have to return my player.

I’ve lost some confidence in the quality of this otherwise nice player :cry:

Hi RipRapRob,

Looking at your original post, (why you wanted a new cable) gave me an idea.

You might had tried this already but I remember a similar problem where WMP11 had a problem with my Fuze after having it for a few weeks…did you try the refresh devices option under the Sync memu? I never figured out what happened but it recognized the player after that and hasn’t happened since.

Good luck.

Thanks for your suggestion, but I haven’t used WMP for sync’ing.

I just tried it anyway - didn’t make any difference.

But thanks again, for taking the time to try to help me.

I returned the player for at repair. It was defective.

Got a new player instead. It arrived Friday. We’ll see how long this one lasts. I’m closing this thread.

Quite the ordeal. I’m glad it’s over and you got a new one. I’m confident this one will ‘be up to snuff’.

Enjoy! :smiley: