Sansa shop doesn't ship outside the US anymore

So, despite all the issues, I’ve decided to persevere with the Fuze and get one for my wife as well. So off I went to the Sansa online shop where I bought my one some time back, and what do I see? That Sandisk don’t ship them outside the US anymore. Well, ain’t that nice. I guess Sandisk doesn’t want my money anymore. Oh well, I’ll take it eslewhere.

You didn’t mention where you are. Sandisk might have other online shops for regions outside the US. The price might differ from their US shop price though. You could buy it from an internet store in your country, or from a US based international seller(although shipping from the US might not be so cheap).

@kookoo wrote:
So, despite all the issues, I’ve decided to persevere with the Fuze and get one for my wife as well. So off I went to the Sansa online shop where I bought my one some time back, and what do I see? That Sandisk don’t ship them outside the US anymore. Well, ain’t that nice. I guess Sandisk doesn’t want my money anymore. Oh well, I’ll take it eslewhere.

Why would you buy it from the Sansa shop anyways? Any other online retailer would have a lower price. :wink:

This may just be a temporary situation. You may or may not have noticed, but SanDisk is going through some major technological changes of late. They are completely re-vamping their Customer Support system, as well as changing and updating their entire website. Microsansa , our moderator here just said a day or two ago, he hasn’t had the time to monitor things here on the forum lately due to his other duties helping with the changes and repairing broken links on SanDisk’s site.

So I can imagine that it is quite chaotic within certain divisions of SanDisk right now. More than half of SanDisk’s sales are from outside of the US, so I doubt very seriously that they are just giving up on that market. Especially since they just posted a 2nd quarter profit (after a long down & dry spell). But as Marvin pointed out, you can most likely find a better price elsewhere anyway.

Thanks for the replies all, but it seems to be permanent, because the FAQ now state: "Do you ship to my country? Due to shipper restrictions, we cannot deliver to P.O. Boxes, APO/FPO, U.S. Territories or international addresses.

As to finding other retailers, I live in New Zealand and there are none. The two retail chains which usedto be official Sansa resellers have pulled the product, so you can’t find a Sansa anywhere in the country, not even the small-time electronics stores. The only options left for me would get them from Ebay, and I just hate shopping there, or Amazon.co.uk because Amazon.com won’t ship electronics overseas either.

The problem with shopping in UK is that the pound conversion rate makes it a very expensive task, hardly worth the effort.

So unless a miracle happens, there is no practical way for me to get hold of another Sansa.

Message Edited by Kookoo on 08-09-2009 02:28 PM

@kookoo wrote:

Thanks for the replies all, but it seems to be permanent, because the FAQ now state: "Do you ship to my country? Due to shipper restrictions, we cannot deliver to P.O. Boxes, APO/FPO, U.S. Territories or international addresses.

As to finding other retailers, I live in New Zealand and there are none. The two retail chains which usedto be official Sansa resellers have pulled the product, so you can’t find a Sansa anywhere in the country, not even the small-time electronics stores. The only options left for me would get them from Ebay, and I just hate shopping there, or Amazon.co.uk because Amazon.com won’t ship electronics overseas either.

The problem with shopping in UK is that the pound conversion rate makes it a very expensive task, hardly worth the effort.

So unless a miracle happens, there is no practical way for me to get hold of another Sansa.

Message Edited by Kookoo on 08-09-2009 02:28 PM

That’s a bummer…sorry to hear it!

@kookoo wrote:

But the very next FAQ says:

I live outside the US. Do I have to pay customs fees?

If you live outside the United States, custom and tariff fees may apply according to your country’s import laws. These fees will be collected and paid by our freight carrier and are bundled with your shipping charge.

Which implies they DO ship outside the US. Weird.

Yeah, I think it’s a legacy from the old site… They used to have 3 countries (as far as I can remember) in the drop-down box in shipping address - US, Australia and New Zealand. Now the dropdown box is still there but it only has the US as an option, which is funny.

B&H Photo in NYC ships everywhere in the world (except Iran, Sudan, North Korea, and Cuba). Shipping to New Zealand might not be so cheap though. Check their website for shipping costs.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=search&A=search&Q=&sb=bs%2Cupper%28ds%29&sq=asc&sortDrop=Brand%3A+A+to+Z&ac=&bsi=&bhs=t&ci=4259&shs=&at=Brand_SanDisk&basicSubmit=Submit+Query

Message Edited by JK98 on 08-10-2009 01:31 AM

I live in Australia. I got my Fuze from PriceUSA (who bought it for me from amazon). It took a long time to arrive, due to all the shipping, but it was a good price.

I notice that there is a New Zealand version of PriceUSA. It looks like it is under construction, but it claims to be a ‘sister site’ of the Australian one. So if you are interested, I’d recommend contacting the Australian PriceUSA people to ask if they can ship a Fuze to you.

Message Edited by karadoc on 08-09-2009 11:32 PM

Great idea, thanks karadoc.

Or you could choose a US company that ships worldwide(except Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Cuba) such as B&H Photo.

That’s a possibility, JK98, but issue is the cost. Most of these companies only use premium shipping services or add margin to shipping, so the cost of shipping can be anywhere from $30 to $50 USD.

FWIW, have you tried to get it from amazon.com lately?  Even though here in Canada we have amazon.ca, I recently bought something from amazon.com because it was a way better deal than .ca even with the duty tax.  It used to be that I could not buy from .com but that seems to have changed now.

Yip, tried with amazon.com - still no joy there. But www.priceUSA.com.au just confirmed to me that they would ship to New Zealand, so things are looking up. :slight_smile:

"That’s a possibility, JK98, but issue is the cost. Most of these companies only use premium shipping services or add margin to shipping, so the cost of shipping can be anywhere from $30 to $50 USD. "

The shipping cost per item will probably be much less if you buy a few items at a time. It might pay to coordinate with some friends to place an order together.

When I was studying abroad, I used to use Shipito to get things from retailers who didn’t ship international. The prices are very low and is reliable. Here is a link so you can check: www.shipito.com

Message Edited by yen10 on 08-12-2009 12:02 PM