urgent help disappointed son

HI I BOUGHT THE SANSA CLIP+ 8GB FOR MY SON FOR CHRISTMAS WEVE PUT MUSIC ON BUT WHEN WE CHECK THE PLAYER THERE IS NOW MUSIC ON THERE BUT WHEN I IT IS ATTACTED TO LAPTOP AND I CLICK ON THE SANSA CLIP+ AND THEN INTERNAL MEM THE ALBUMS WE PUT ON IS THER EBUT ISNT THERE WHEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE COMPUTER CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP MY SON IS SO DISAPPINTED AND THE SHOP WPNT TAKE IT BACK

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS TODAY MY SON IS SO DISAPPOINTED PLEASE HELP ME TODAY

HI

I don’t think it was a big problem, may be there is something wrong with some software. You can fix it by checking the whole system–including mp3 player, computer, media player and so on.

I am sorry I can’t give you more accurate suggestion because I am not very clear about what you are talking about.

Good luck!

WHEN IVE TRANFERRED THE MUSIC AND DISCONNECTED FROM COMPUTER THEN CHECK SANSA THERS NO MUSIC ON OH PLEASE CAN SOMEON SON IS SO DISAPPOINTED AND SHOP WPNT CHANGE IT IF NOONE CAN REPLY TODAY LOOKS LIKE ILL HAVE TO GO AND BUY ANOTHER ONE OH WHAT A TIME PLEASE HELP SOMEONE

What types of files are they (MP3, WMA, etc.), and how did you transfer them (Windows Media Player, drag-and-drop, etc.)?

PS: Please don’t post in ALL CAPS. It’s the internet equivalent of shouting, and considered rude.

And are the songs protected by digital rights managements (DRM)/where did you get them from?

Second the request for punctuation and discontinuing use of caps lock.

Are you making sure the transfer is complete before unplugging (ie, doing the stop USB device procedure)?  

u38cg wrote:

Are you making sure the transfer is complete before unplugging (ie, doing the stop USB device procedure)?  

Generally not doing this would yield a pop-up warning about early disconnection, and another that says your transfer cannot continue because  the Destination Folder is not found. 

Heh.  I’m not a windows user, but going from my extensive sample survey size (ie my wife), I have great faith in people’s ability to miss these entirely :slight_smile:

u38cg wrote:
Heh.  I’m not a windows user, but going from my extensive sample survey size (ie my wife), I have great faith in people’s ability to miss these entirely :slight_smile:

Your Right. I dont read them any more, mainly because after years of working on windows computers I know what they all say. Since I switched to Mac i see these far less often. 

With all due respects, it sounds like you are much the computer novice. The best advice I have is to find someone who can help face to face. There are way too many variables to consider as to what is not working correctly. Plus, I sense a panic situation, which isn’t going to be in your favor. Also, start by looking at the threads at the top of the Clip+ forum, the ones in a shaded color. Read the PDF Users Manual. Maybe your son has friends with mp3 players. Unless they are iPods, most of the other mp3 players will work in a similar fashion. Relax and tell your son it isn’t the end of the world. If the Clip+ is broken, someone will have to stand behind it. Until you can figure things out, check out the FM radio. It works pretty well. Just make sure to have a lengthy cable for the headphones. I for one, cannot use the headphones that are included. Keep in mind, the headphone cable is the FM antenna. Happy New Year!

Judging from the tone of the first couple of posts by the OP, I’m sure they have gotten a doPi by now…:smileyvery-happy:

lol.  She can always regift the clip plus since the store wouldn’t take it back.  She should have checked the store’s return/exchange policy before buying.  Hope she has better luck with the new player.

wplj42 wrote:
With all due respects, it sounds like you are much the computer novice. The best advice I have is to find someone who can help face to face. There are way too many variables to consider as to what is not working correctly. Plus, I sense a panic situation, which isn’t going to be in your favor. Also, start by looking at the threads at the top of the Clip+ forum, the ones in a shaded color. Read the PDF Users Manual. Maybe your son has friends with mp3 players. Unless they are iPods, most of the other mp3 players will work in a similar fashion. Relax and tell your son it isn’t the end of the world. If the Clip+ is broken, someone will have to stand behind it. Until you can figure things out, check out the FM radio. It works pretty well. Just make sure to have a lengthy cable for the headphones. I for one, cannot use the headphones that are included. Keep in mind, the headphone cable is the FM antenna. Happy New Year!

Very Good Post. It is always good to reassure people who post here and I for one forget to do it. Just to add a bit to it. If we cant get you going on here, you can call Tech Support 24/7, and if it is defective somehow Sandisk will replace it and if anything else happens for a year because of defect they will replace that too. 

I have had the same experience.I bought the Sansa Clip Mp3 media player and can not for the life of me figure out how to take my Itunes library (compsed of mainly downloaded and burned CD’s-NOT purchased) and transfer these to the little sansa Mp3.

I have asked people at APPLE, checked 5 sources online and there is no STEP-BY-STEP procedure as to how to navigate and complete a simple transfer of let’s say 70 songs.

Does anyone out there know how to explain this clearly?

I go to finder and see the SANSA as existing

I go to itunes and click on a folder of 70 songs I want to transfer to the SANSA MP3

I have dragged the songs over the SANSA in the finder…does not appear on the player.

I have watched the SANSA say writing until I am asleep…Result NO songs on the SANSA MP3

I just had my MAC desktop in to Apple for the yearly check-up and all is well with the computer.

So HOW is this accomplished?

Thank you

Beth 

BethManley wrote:

I have had the same experience.I bought the Sansa Clip Mp3 media player and can not for the life of me figure out how to take my Itunes library (compsed of mainly downloaded and burned CD’s-NOT purchased) and transfer these to the little sansa Mp3.

I have asked people at APPLE, checked 5 sources online and there is no STEP-BY-STEP procedure as to how to navigate and complete a simple transfer of let’s say 70 songs.

Does anyone out there know how to explain this clearly?

I go to finder and see the SANSA as existing

I go to itunes and click on a folder of 70 songs I want to transfer to the SANSA MP3

I have dragged the songs over the SANSA in the finder…does not appear on the player.

I have watched the SANSA say writing until I am asleep…Result NO songs on the SANSA MP3

I just had my MAC desktop in to Apple for the yearly check-up and all is well with the computer.

So HOW is this accomplished?

Thank you

Beth 

When I got my Mac I had some trouble figuring it out at first:

1.On the Sansa to to Settings>System Settings>USB Mode> MSC

1. Plug in to the MAC
  1. Open the Sansa In Finder
  1. Assuming your files are already mp3 files, open another window in finder, and find your music

5 Find the songs you want to add, and drag them to the player’s music folder

1. Close the finder windows
  1. Drag the Mounted Sansa to the Trash to eject it.

Dont use Itunes to try to add the files, and you have to have MP3, WMA, secure WMA, Audible, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, audio books, or podcasts. 

As noted above, if you’re having general problems, a real-time walkthough may help.

I would telephone SanDisk Customer Service about this.  In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us. 

My guess is that the OP was either transferring .m4a files (iTunes default format for ripping), which won’t play, or files with ID3v1 tags rather than ID3v2.3 tags. The Sansa needs ID3v2 tags–it ignores ID3v1. 

All iTunes users: If you have left iTunes the way you got it from Apple, it’s turning your CDs into .m4a files for doPi players. You need to go to Edit/Preferences/Advanced and change Importing to the .mp3 format. 

And if your iTunes library is full of .m4a files, convert them with iTunes before you drag them onto the Sansa. Apple help