Updated to secure access v 2.0 when prompted now unable to access my vault files

I just used my password to log in to my secure vault for the first time in a long time, when I did I got a prompt asking if I wanted to apply an update.  I clicked yes, it updated and I successfully logged in.  Problem is it’s showing an empty vault.  When I use windows explorer to open up SanDiskSecureAccess Vault I can see all the files are still there and encrypted.  Doing a little research I found an article on how to migrate your files for version 2.0.  

My question is, if the files need to migrated from the old version first, why wasn’t this mentioned in the prompt to update?  Also, how do I downgrade back to version 1 so that I can decrypt my files and migrate them to the new version?

:smiley:   Hi Insjmb,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

[  Also, how do I downgrade back to version 1 so that I can decrypt my files and migrate them to the new version? ]

Friend, very intelligent question.

What happens is that, v1 and v2 have different name for encrypted folders, so v2 it shows empty folder, because it is new.

You have RunSanDiskSecureAccess_Win.exe, which is the version v1.

Here it is (free, 29,3 MB): http://mp3support.sandisk.com/downloads/RunSanDiskSecureAccess-Win.exe

Perhaps, it will be useful: http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/V-1-of-32GB-Cruzer-Glide-and-Win-7/m-p/330167#M9418

Enjoy, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                             (Google translated)

I installed v1 from the drive but the files were moved to a folder called SanDiskSecureAccess Vault when I updated from version 1 to version 2, so when I login with version 1 it also shows no files in “my vault”.

[…but the files were moved to a folder called SanDiskSecureAccess Vault when I updated from version 1 to version 2… ]

Well, if the files are in the [  SanDiskSecureAccess Vault  ] folder (which is the folder that contains the encrypted files, v2 ), this folder is the new My Vault, and opens with SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win (the application v2).

Everything should be fine…

Attention: Make all versions, always _ with the same username and password. _

See link, with the migration between v1 and v2:  http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13107

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5854

Regards, Alfred.                                                         (Google translated)

Everything should be fine, but I can not access the files from either version.  I made everything with the same user name and password.

Here’s what windows explorer displays as the properties for the file:

And here’s what I see when I log in to the latest version:

Please, try this:

1-   You have the application, SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win (7 MB), and copy the downloaded file, into another empty Pendrive (N° 2).

2- Install (click / open) with the same data (username and password), that you used in the previous Pendrive (N° 1).

3-   Then of doing this, you will have in the Pendrive (N° 2), two files:

3.1- SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win, (the application).

3.2- SanDiskSecureAccess Vault, (which is the folder, that contains the encrypted files, but is empty ).

4- Then, copy of in the previous Pendrive (N° 1) the folder (3,43 GB), [  SanDiskSecureAccess Vault ], and you replace, the folder of the same name, that you have in the new Pendrive (N° 2).

Regards, Alfred.                                                                             (Google translated)

Hi Insjmb, I’m just wondering here. Did the steps above helped you by any chance?

:smiley:   Hi Insjmb,

Please, try this:

1-   You have the application, SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win (7 MB), and copy the downloaded file, into another empty Pendrive (N° 2).

2- Install (click / open) with the same data (username and password), that you used in the previous Pendrive (N° 1).

3-   Then of doing this, you will have in the Pendrive (N° 2), two files:

3.1- SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win, (the application).

3.2- SanDiskSecureAccess Vault, (which is the folder, that contains the encrypted files, but is empty ).

4- Then, copy of in the previous Pendrive (N° 1) the folder (3,43 GB), [  SanDiskSecureAccess Vault ], and you replace, the folder of the same name, that you have in the new Pendrive (N° 2).

Regards, Alfred.                                                                             (Google translated)