Older Sandisk Secure Access v2 Files won't Open

I have just tried to open some older files on my flash drive Secure Access v2 Vault and am getting the message : The file xyz.jpg is invalid and cannot be opened. It is either corrupt, been tampered with or belongs to another license. None of these are true as I’ve been using this drive successfully for some years. All files prior to about 2012 will open perfectly, but all files dated since then fail to open with that error message.

Does anyone know if these files can be recovered as it sounds like a software issue rather than an actual corruption issue as the drive has not been touched since it last extracted successfully? It cannot be a coincidence that only more recent files will not open.

Any suggestions gladly received.

Many thanks

Hi @philjay,

We request you to follow the below link to redownload the secure access application to encrypt the data.

https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2399

Please refer below link for more inquiry: International Phone Numbers | Western Digital

Hi Keerti_01,

Thanks for your suggestion. You are asking me to encrypt the files using the v3 SecureAccess application, but my problem is I cannot access/extract/decrypt my current files in the v2 vault. I downloaded the v3 application but it will not extract the v2 vault files and I get the message …

A vault from a previous version was discovered
Please check the SanDisk SecureAccess website for upgrade instructions

I checked the upgrade instructions and they require me to extract the files first from the v2 vault - but that’s the problem - some of the older v2 files cannot be extracted at all from the v2 vault. My issue is how to get them decrypted out of the v2 vault?

Or am misunderstanding your suggestion?

Many thanks,
Philip

Hi @philjay,

Please refer the below link to contact proper support team : Ask a Question

Hi Philip,

Did you get it resolved? if yes can you kindly share the solution, I am facing the same issue.

Thanks
Rahul

Hi Rahul,

Sadly I never got this fixed and lost everything. Please let me know if you have any luck but I was unsuccessful.

Kind regards,
Philip

Hi all.
Many thanks if someone could spare time to answer…

I have a Cruzer Force 32GB but can’t get into the secure files part and have tried every password I remember that I would have used. I used the USB stick for a backup but never used the secure area IIRC, just put files straight into the root, however there is deffo a password set as it asks for one upon clicking on the […V2] file.

-Firstly, do these ship with a default password such as “admin”, etc , and that is why I can’t remember setting it up???
-Secondly, if I did set it up and have truly forgotten the password (so very much my bad and my bad alone), is there a way to find out if there are actually files on it, as my thinking is I input a password when I bought it, then never used it, as AFAIK I’ve only ever used it since I bought it for the sole purpose of backup direct to root without ever using the secure part. This is probably my main question!
-Thirdly, I want to wipe the entire USB to use as a boot or recovery drive, as have a newer one that I now use as a backup. Is there a way to move any such files so that if I think of another password later I can retry it!!!

Many thanks for any help anyone can give, in particular identifying how much data is encrypted/how many files as per second question!