Up grading external SD card.

Hello. I want to upgrade my 4GB external SD card in my Fuse to a larger size.I’m thinking 16GB. How can I transfer the data from my old card? I’m wondering if I can download it to my PC with a card reader,and then transfer it to the new card. It has music,photos and video on it, but mostly music,which is what I am most concerned with. Thanks.

You can probably just download to computer and transfer again. 

Connect the Fuze, find the files on the card, copy them.

The only way that won’t work is if the files are gunked up with DRM (Digital Rights Malarkey). If you ripped the music on Windows Media Player with its default settings, you may have copy-protected .wma files (WMP default), which won’t work when copied again. 

Look at the files (you may have to go into Windows settings to Show hidden files and folders–check your Help file for your version of Windows.)

If the extension is .mp3, .flac, .wav or .ogg, you’re good to go. If it’s .wma, try and see–they may be protected or not. If they are protected, either you’ll have to use them from the old card or transfer them again from the computer to your new card via Windows Media Player, which will also send the hidden unlock codes.

In future, set your ripping settings to .mp3 for perfectly portable files. And unless you need to use DRM files, like library audiobooks or subscription music, set your Fuze (Settings/System Settings/USB Mode) to MSC, which is drag-and-drop with no digital rights garbage.

Thanks. I will take a look at that.

I ended up going to "my computer"on my PC and opening up the drives. First I had the old 4GB card in my Fuse, and simply copy and paste it to “my Docs”, then I put the new 16GB card in the Fuse and copy and pasted the previously pasted data from the old 4Gb card onto the new one in the Fuse. It worked great (I think I got everything). It took about 1/2 hr to transfer it all each time.:smiley:

The card reader in the V1 Fuze is very slow. I think it maxes out at around 2MB/s no matter how fast the card is. The card reader in the Clip+ is faster, giving up to around 4.5-5 mb/s maximum even with a very fast card. It might take 2 hours to fully fill a 16Gb card in a V1 Fuze. Filling it in a card reader in the pc might be 3 or 4 times as fast if the card is fast.

The card reader in the V1 Fuze is very slow. I think it maxes out at around 2MB/s no matter how fast the card is. The card reader in the Clip+ is faster, giving up to around 4.5-5 MB/s maximum even with a very fast card. It might take 2 hours to fully fill a 16GB card in a V1 Fuze. Filling it in a card reader in the pc might be 3 or 4 times as fast if the card is fast.