Unable to Sync DRM content

Hello,

Somebody help!  I upgraded the latest firmware, I am using version 01.01.18A and I am using windows media player 11.0.5721.5145 (I also tried doing this on windows media player 9) and ofcourse I am running win XP SP 2.  Whenever I try to sync my DRM content I get the following error:

It is not possible to obtain device’s certificate. Please contact the device manufacturer for a firmware update or for other steps to resolve this problem.

Although it’s possibly a driver issue, it may also be a simple license acquisition issue.  I would try other DRM content … for example spiralfrog.com (which is especially good because it’s free :wink: ).

But the mystery is that I know for a fact these files work on other peoples sansa clip just not on my sansa clip.  Like for instance if you go to http://www.lsmwebcast.com/Test_WMA.html that file probably works on your sansa clip but probably not on mine.  Fustrating!  I think this is just a bad clip.  Besides I experience the power drain issue on my clip as well where after charging it and turning it off it will drain itself down to nothing in a week or so even if I am not using it.

Joshua

joshuad31 wrote:

But the mystery is that I know for a fact these files work on other peoples sansa clip just not on my sansa clip.  Like for instance if you go to http://www.lsmwebcast.com/Test_WMA.html that file probably works on your sansa clip but probably not on mine. 

I attempted to add the test file at the link you provided to my WMP, and was presented with a username and password prompt from “Living Stream Ministry”.  Got a different test file?  :wink:  In any case, try something from spiralfrog.com.

I think the fix would be to use the devices format command to clean up the DRM license store.

Go to Settings>Format>Yes.

Of course all content will be deleted on the player,  so back up if you need to .

After the device reformats you should try your transfer again.  Make sure USB Mode is Autodetect or MTP mode.

Cheers<

SansaFix