Unable to delete audiobook on the Fuze

I have tried to delete .mp3 audiobooks 2 different ways on the Fuze.  It acts like it does it, but I go back and see it is still there!

I can only delete them while plugged into my Apple (MSC).  Is it something to do with that, or is that a bug?   

Am I the only one with this problem?  Is this a broken player?  I cannot delete using the player at all!

I do have a micro SD 8GB class 6 in the player.

My battery also doesn’t last as long as it should.  I used it last night for 4 hours or more and it was full charged, now it is 63% remaining… 

I seem to have the same problem.  I wish to delete and then re-install two of my audiobooks becuz somehow, the two books ended up combined into one file … with chapters all OVER the place!

I want to delete this one file and re-install the two books separately.

I delete these files from my desktop and everything seems ok.  however, they STILL show up as combined in the device.

What am i doing wrong and how can i fix this?

Thanks!

@leo3 wrote:

I have tried to delete .mp3 audiobooks 2 different ways on the Fuze.  It acts like it does it, but I go back and see it is still there!

I can only delete them while plugged into my Apple (MSC).  Is it something to do with that, or is that a bug?   

Not Really. Sometimes the mtable.sys file does not update properly, and you have to go into the player and manually delete it.

@leo3 wrote:

Am I the only one with this problem?  Is this a broken player?  I cannot delete using the player at all!

My battery also doesn’t last as long as it should.  I used it last night for 4 hours or more and it was full charged, now it is 63% remaining… 

The battery meter is not totally linear in it’s progression…there’s no way to tell how long it will truly last unless you run it all the way down, which you should not do, of course.

@leo3 wrote:

The first sentance is what has me worried. If you cant delete at all, there may be a corruption in your firmware. Try reinstalling that. The battery life is another demon all together. When you add in the Card , you will loose a little battery life (not much), Then you have to know that the test files SanDisk (And every other company) use are VERY low quality and very low bitrate MP3 files. So the battery life changes. Finally depending on the brightness of the screen and the backlight timer, and how many times you skip to the next song you will loose battery life as well.

@nyrosebud wrote:

I seem to have the same problem.  I wish to delete and then re-install two of my audiobooks becuz somehow, the two books ended up combined into one file … with chapters all OVER the place!

I want to delete this one file and re-install the two books separately.

I delete these files from my desktop and everything seems ok.  however, they STILL show up as combined in the device.

What am i doing wrong and how can i fix this?

Thanks!

Couple of things. Make sure you have them Tagged so they Album is the same as the book title. and that Chapter mode is on.

Conversion … how do I do that?

Tags or Chapter mode?

With tags what program do you use to rip the Audiobooks?

Chapter mode: start playing a book, and then hit the menu button (6 o’clock on the scroll wheel) and go sown to chapter mode.