trying to format my sansa clip, but it says computer cant do it -.- heeelp

The first problem is that when I trying to turn my player on, nothing happens -.-

when I plug it in to my computer nothing happens to my player but it pops up in my computer. 

it says that I have to format my MP3 player to open the sans file (where the all my music are).

when I click OK, it says that my windows could not finish the operation -.- I think I need som volume name or something.

I have charging it for 24 hours and it still densest working… :frowning:

I am very grateful if someone can help me :smiley:

sorry for my English

her is the pic

First, try a reset of the device. Is it new out-of-the-box? If it still acts dead after resetting it, return it; you got a bum unit.

No, I had it for like 6 months now, but still, I only used it Max 10 time.

Is it possible you can explain it for me, so I can solve my problem because I really need it …

and I wondering, is this a system fail if it is, I can deliver it back and get a new one if it is not my problem??

thank you for your  time :smiley:

I would telephone SanDisk Customer Service about this–you also might need a warranty replacement (which SanDisk is good about).  In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us.

The warranty in the U.S. is 1 year, 2 years in the EU.

I am from Norway, and I can’t find the phone number, so I just send them I mail

is that okey ? Or should I go to the store were I bought it ? 

I doubt that the store can help you (apart from an exchange, if they are generous)–you can see what sort of response you get to your email.  You also could try searching in the SanDisk KnowledgeBase (sorry, I don’t know the answer to this issue).  http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/list/session/L3NpZC9fMzZUREFoaw%3D%3D

And did you try to reset the Clip?  With the original Clip, hold the on switch uppermost for 15-20 seconds or longer.  With the Clip+, hold the on switch down for 15-30 seconds.

Since there is no phone # listed for Norway in the Tech Support listing linked to above, your only option is e-mail. Sorry.

I tried, but it didn’t work :frowning:

no, I haven’t reset my sans clip, but how ? 

hold the on switch uppermost for 15-20 seconds or longer.  

nothing happend