TROUBLE WITH DOWNLOADS

HAS ANYBODY HAD TROUBLE WITH WITH A SHAKER NOT READING THE SD MEDIA CARD.   MY COMPUTER SAYS THE MUSIC IS ON THE CARD BUT THE SHAKER WONT PLAY IT.  I KEEP GETTING THE UHOH SOUND.  ANY SUGGESTIONS?

I’ve learned that the Shaker only plays mp3’s, so if your downloaded music is a .wma then it won’t recognize it.  If it is a wma, then use a program like the converter on this site (http://www.wma-mp3.org/) to make it an mp3.

My probelm exactly. And they are mp3s. I’m so annyoed right now. Its supposed to be simple I thought…

Message Edited by Heatherbear on 09-09-2007 12:40 PM

So what is the solution? I have put MP3’s on my daughter’s shaker, changed the batteries and everything. I’m still getting the Uh-Oh sound? Looks like I’m getting an I-Pod, having the worse problems with my Sansa Rhapsody too.

its just one uh-o sound when you try to turn it on, yes?

I am also having problems!

I even tried the file conversion from wma to mp3. Still no dice.

Can ANYONE help???

I RECENTLY DOWNLOADED SOME KIDS SONGS FROM ITUNES INTO MY ITUNES LIBRARY.  WHEN I TRY TO LOAD SONG ONTO MY SANSA SHAKER THRU WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER, IT IS ON MY SANSA SHAKER BUT IT DOES NOT PLAY THOSE FEW SONGS ON MY SANSA PLAYER.  I THINK IT MAY HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE SONG BEING PROTECTED IN ITUNES.  DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

THANKS,

DANA

You need to convert them to mp3s.

It will only play MP3 files… please make sure they are real MP3 files and not renamed from (. MP4 , .WMA . RAX) to .MP3

everybody looks like they got the issue resolved when its a true mp3 file

You really have to look at the source file type and how it is created.

Type:

1. Device only plays “MP3” format and PCM “WAV”

2. Do not try other formats (songs just skipped)

How it is created:

1. If you “rip” or re-encode a song from CD - do it directly to MP3 fromat

2. I have had issues converting some songs ripped origionally to Windows WMA files and converted to MP3 later due to DRM (Device Rights Managment) in the WMA format.   I have some CDs that I ripped to WMA and converted to MP3 - some songs play and other are skipped.     Progams are avalible to strip the DRM out - but make sure you are complying with copyright.