Songs aren't really "on the device" HELP!

I have a problem similar to the other posters.  I loaded songs onto the Shaker and the menu says they are on the device, but they never play.  I’ve tried downloading different versions and I’m sure they are MP3 files.  Any suggestions?  It’s almost like it only wants to hold 10 songs or so.  We have the 512 version.  Thanks!

Try to format the device… Make sure that the songs that you downloaded to the device is MP3 file type.  Because the device can only play a MP3 file type and WAV

Rachieb73, In the future, Please do not create additional threads for the same question.

You really have to look at the source file type and how it is created.

Type:

Device only plays “MP3” format and PCM “WAV”

How it is created:

If you “rip” or re-encode a song from CD - do it directly to MP3 fromat

I have had issues converting some songs ripped origionally to Windows WMA files and converted to MP3 later.

Type:

Device only plays “MP3” format and PCM “WAV”

How it is created:

If you “rip” or re-encode a song from CD - do it directly to MP3 fromat

I have had issues converting some songs ripped origionally to Windows WMA files and converted to MP3 later.

Type:

1. Device only plays “MP3” format and PCM “WAV”

2. Do not try other formats (songs just skipped)

How it is created:

1. If you “rip” or re-encode a song from CD - do it directly to MP3 fromat

2. I have had issues converting some songs ripped origionally to Windows WMA files and converted to MP3 later due to DRM (Device Rights Managment) in the WMA format.   I have some CDs that I ripped to WMA and converted to MP3 - some songs play and other are skipped.     Progams are avalible to strip the DRM out - but make sure you are complying with copyright.

Using the Microsoft software that came on my computer I experienced the same perplexing problem.  Finally, I just went to “My Computer”, located the music files on my hard drive I wanted to put on the Shaker, right-clicked on them and chose “send-to” the appropriate location.  That seemed to work when the “sync” comands did not.  Hope this helps

Do I need to download a MP3 converter in order to get music in MP3 format.  I ripped files from a CD but they are ripped in a WMA format and my PC did not give me the option to rip in MP3 format.  I have searched the internet and there are some sights to download a MP3 converter but I need to know whether that is necessary and also what site is reputable to get the converter so I do not get a virus.  If you could provide suggestions on both it would be extremely helpful.  This is my last effort on this because I am very disappointed on this product and the company’s tech support.  The only thing that was positive was this forum.  As I can see from this forum, a lot of folks encountered the same problems with the product which is not  encouraging.

Regards,

LRT

I have had the same problem have you been able to resolve it? On my windows media player it shows a list of songs that have been synchronized to the device but only 2 songs play. And it shows they are MP3 friendly. Please help if you know what to do!!! Thanks!