Transfers To and From Micro SD Card...

Is there any way to transfer songs to and from the Micro sd card? I really want to use the card to transfer music to and from computer and player, but I don’t know how…

I suggest picking up a MicroSD usb card reader.  The transfer rate is much faster when it’s directly to the card.  I also noticed that when I connected my Sansa to my PC some songs wouldn’t transfer.  When I use a card reader, all the songs transfer without a problem.

As ResidentAsylum said, getting a USB card reader is the best way to go.  Otherwise, you just put the card into the player.  It will be displayed in Windows Media Player, Media Monkey, etc., even Windows Explorer, and you can then copy media to it.

I found that, for some reason, some files won’t transfer when sent through the Sansa to the card, but will when sent to the card via a USB reader. I dunno why, but it was always the same files.

Plus the USB reader is considerably faster.  I believe I transferred approx. 3400 files in under 10 minutes(if I remember correctly).

@residentasylum wrote:

Plus the USB reader is considerably faster.  I believe I transferred approx. 3400 files in under 10 minutes(if I remember correctly).

I think that’s because when you use a USB reader, you’re transferring via MSC; when you transfer through the Connect, you’re using MTP.

That would make sense… to a point.  But it is odd that, in a given 10-track mp3 album, the same few files never transfer when the Sansa is connected to my PC.

I never had this problem with the same files being transferred to other mp3 players, just the Sansa.

Message Edited by ResidentAsylum on 07-08-2009 04:32 PM

It could be that MTP is doing some checking of metadata inside the songs during the transfer, and for some reason the metadata in certain songs is preventing the transfer.  Whereas with MSC, it’s just a regular file copy.

Just a W.A.G.  :wink:

It is the metadata issue.  Mine could not see a whole album, even when loaded into the SD card with a USB reader; on inspection (using JJ MP3 Renamer) I found that the songs all had ID3 V1 tags, but that the ID3 V2 tags were all blank.  Did a bulk copy of ID3 V1 to V2 and it worked like a champ.  I conclude that the Connect MTP is looking for ID3 V2 tags, and not finding any, doesn’t see the files as readable (maybe they don’t even exist!).