Takes a Licking!

My Sansa Clip+ is over 2 years old.  I am on my third set of ear buds.  I have been fooled thinking it was dead several times (reboots have brought it back to life), including at least twice when I believed I had killed it.  It got really wet yesterday for the second time.  The first time was a while back was when I was caught in a Florida downpour while doing my excercise walk.  Even though I tried to protect my Clip in my short’s pocket, it got wet and acted funny until I let it dry. 

Yesterday I left the Clip in my running short’s pocket and forgot about it.  Since my wife had a waiting load of cloths in the washer I threw the shorts in the machine when I changed.  When I next saw the clip it was sitting on top of the washer (where my wife puts all the junk I leave in my pockets) nice and clean.  Sure enough, it had gone through the prewash, wash, rinse and spin cycle.  $^it!  No way did I think it had survived.  I removed the sd card and let it bake in the Florida sunshine all day today.  Replaced the sd card and fired it up.  Not only does it function perfectly, it is cleaner than it has been in a long time!

Why didn’t your wife run it through the drier, would have save having to dry it in the sun (I mean what if was raining that day).

Awesome story! Thanks for sharing!

@dave61430 wrote:

Why didn’t your wife run it through the drier, would have save having to dry it in the sun (I mean what if was raining that day).

The drier would be too hot, I think.  I have a Clip+ here somewhere  that I had sold to a friend, he sent it through both washer and drier, and that killed it. i tried everything I could think of, and anyone else could think of, to revive it, all for naught.

Better than a Timex!