I have looked at all the different solutions. Some of them seem a bit complicated and I am afraid to try them. Is there a way to just reset my player to factory settings and then I will try from there? I am ok if it wipes out the music that is on there.
SIMPLE SOLUTION TO STUCK IN REFRESHING YOUR MEDIA.
This works each and every time, no matter how much data youve transferred or how long the file names are. I searched everywhere to try to find out how to get the units to work that have many files on them, and then started experimenting. NO additional software needed. Here are the steps.
- Turn Sandisk GO off by holding the main front button until screen goes black.
- Plug the unit into your computer USB port using the cable supplied (other cables may not work).
- Sandisk is charging, and you can load files, remove, etc…just like any other file transfer.
- Unplug the Sandisk from the computer.
- The Sandisk will go into perennial “Refreshing Your Media” state.
- After a minute or so, turn the GO off like you did in step 1.
- Plug the Sandisk back into the computer but this time watch the screen. A brighter Sandisk shows up on the screen, wait 3 seconds (or until the Sandisk letters go slightly dimmer), and UNPLUG immediately from the computer.
- The unit will go directly to the folders screen and you’re good to GO!! (literally).
- Every time you turn the GO off and back on, it will be fine. The next time you plug it back into a computer to charge or load/unload files, you’ll have to follow the above procedure.