refreshing media stuck

Ok, so I have read loads of threads about this and tried the following:

Cleaning up using mp3tag
Changing the format to the iso version mentioned on other posts
tried rockbox
both class 4 & class 10 cards
Updating the latest firmware

And nothing has worked, it worked the first time I put music onto the sd card then froze the second time wiping the files off the memory card.

It even freezes when its trying to “refresh your media” for a blank card.

Has anyone ever found a solution to this? Or do I need to bin the player?

Thankw

It looks like the only thing you didn’t try was formatting the player. Might try it; it can’t hurt. Use the FORMAT option in Settings > System Settings. Note that it will erase all your content so you’ll have to reload it again, but if it works, it’s worth it!

If formatting does nothing, how old is the player? Is it still under warranty?

Hi, forgot to mention that I have tried that.

I only bought the player 2 weeks ago, is this a common problem?

No common as far as I know. You might try calling SanDisk Tech Support and see if they have any suggestions or solutions. If not, they can arrange a warranty replacement for you.

http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/contact-us/

Or you might try, rather than a SanDisk warranty replacement (which may be with a reburbed unit) a return and exchange with your original seller . . . .

I’ve gone for a refund with the original seller & I’ve ordered a sandisk clip + as a replacement

I found that this would happen if I did NOT have a MicroSD card inserted. There was no way to get around it. Once I inserted a card, even though it was totally empty, the Clip started just fine.

@kinsorted wrote:
I’ve gone for a refund with the original seller & I’ve ordered a sandisk clip + as a replacement

Cool, I think you did the right thing, in returning and going for a replacement.