Still having playlist problems

I cannot create a playlist/golist of podcasts.  On my old Clip I could do this…how do I do it now?  I have tried windows media player and it syncs them into alphabetical listing.  If I select the podcast on my Clip, hold down the center button it tells me it is adding it to the Golist…but it doesn’t…I called technical support about this and the only thing they could do was attempt to show me how to sync through WMP…which will work, BUT NOT to create a playlist of podcasts.

Help is greatly appreciated.

The only way I found to allow me to get regular playlists to display properly on my Sansa Clip is by doing the following (my Sansa Clip is set in MSC USB Mode. Also keep the firmware on the Sansa updated).

*.m3u playlist file:

#EXTM3U
Artist - Title.mp3
Artist - Title.mp3
etc.

The songs in the *.m3u can’t have a path before the filename, so the songs must be in the same folder as the *.m3u. You also need an extra line at the end of the *.m3u.

The following are some more stuff I did to make the Sansa Clip a bit friendlier:

The ID3 Tag (any version) must have Artist, Title, and Album to display correctly.
If the song still displays incorrectly:

1. Capitalize initial letters of all words, e.g. Alice In Chains - Man In The Box, except genre names
  2. Make all genre names lowercase (makes displaying the songs by genre more functional).
  3. Right-click the song, click Properties -> Summary tab, remove odd symbols from comments or delete comments entirely.
  4. Removing East Asian text corrects the tag sometimes (not sure how well this works).

I recommend Mp3tag <http://www.mp3tag.de/en\> to make editing tags a lot more efficient.

Message Edited by dchu11 on 08-15-2008 05:06 PM

Message Edited by dchu11 on 08-15-2008 05:10 PM

@dchu11 wrote:

The songs in the *.m3u can’t have a path before the filename, so the songs must be in the same folder as the *.m3u.

This is not quite correct.  You can have paths, they just have to be relative to the location of the playlist.

In other words, if the playlist in in the MUSIC folder, the paths should look like:

Artist\Album\Song.mp3

If the playlist in in the root folder, the paths should look like:

MUSIC\Artist\Album\Song.mp3

Note there is no backslash at the beginning of the path in either case.

I solved my golist issue I mentioned above by reflashing the firware to .20a.   Why they eliminated the ability to add podcasts to golists in the new firmware is beyond me.  Perhaps this is a glitch.

@skinjob wrote:

@dchu11 wrote:

The songs in the *.m3u can’t have a path before the filename, so the songs must be in the same folder as the *.m3u.

This is not quite correct.  You can have paths, they just have to be relative to the location of the playlist.

In other words, if the playlist in in the MUSIC folder, the paths should look like:

Artist\Album\Song.mp3

If the playlist in in the root folder, the paths should look like:

MUSIC\Artist\Album\Song.mp3

Note there is no backslash at the beginning of the path in either case.

didn’t know you could do that…thanks for the info :smiley:

Message Edited by dchu11 on 08-17-2008 02:40 AM