I think I've downgraded to Sansa :(

Ok.  I thought I would upgrade from my Creative Zen MuVo 256k player to a Sansa clip.  Its been a week and I’m loving the Zen even more. Seriously.  My Zen has no issue transferring playlists.  My Clip has yet to work despite reloading WMP 11, the MTP porting tool, updating the firmware, etc.  Thank god I didn’t blow serious cash on a more expensive Sansa product.

Well if you have a question on how to make it work, then post it, and we will try to help you. If you are not willing to try to learn and to ask questions you are doomed to be disappointed, and for that I am sorry.

Ok.  I’ve read a number of posts from folks with the same issue who, apparently, have settled for MSC formatting.  Please help me get my Clip to recognize playlists.

To recap:

• I’ve reinstalled WMP 11

• I’ve installed the MTP porting kit from Microsoft

• I’ve updated the Clip’s Firmware

• I’ve tried to fix the MTP manually in the Device Driver.

Is there anything else I can try?

Chris

I dont use playlists on my Clip YET… I havent had it a month, but I bookmarked this thread for when I am ready to use it. Also if you use the search feature on this board, you will find tons of info on playlists.

@cthompson01 wrote:

To recap:

• I’ve reinstalled WMP 11
  • I’ve installed the MTP porting kit from Microsoft
  • I’ve updated the Clip’s Firmware
  • I’ve tried to fix the MTP manually in the Device Driver.

Is there anything else I can try?

Chris

MTP mode is tricky at times.  On the device, set MTP mode manually: Settings > USB Mode > MTP.  Then plug in.

Open a Windows Explorer window by pressing [Windows Key] + E

See if the Sansa shows up as a media device under “other”.  If it is in MSC mode, it will normally show up under “devices with removable storage”.

Open the Device Manager.  [Windows Key] + [Pause/Break] > Hardware Tab > Device Manager

Do you see any yellow triangles?  If so, check if it’s the Sansa, right-click, and select uninstall.  If you DO NOT see the Sansa, start at the bottom, Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Expand that listing, and you will see the USB ports listed as USB Root Hubs.  Right click on each one, then select Properties.  Then, on each, click on the Power tab.

Windows likes to hide the device identity in the Hub listings.  Using the Power tab, you will see the Sansa plus its current rating.  Once you find the device, click on the Driver tab, and select uninstall.

Unplug the Sansa, and reboot the computer.

Once it has stabilized, plug in the Sansa.  It should now find the device, and enable MTP mode.  Check it out using Windows Explorer.

Let me know if these steps are successful.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Bob:

I followedyour steps twice and I’m still in the same boat.  

BTW: WMP still recognizes my Zen and my Blackberry with no problem.

Um, why not just use MSC mode?  (Maybe I missed something.)

Are you still getting a Code 10 error?  Perhaps this will help.

I set the highlight on the last post, as “localservice” is one word without spaces.  For the whole command, scroll up to slotmonsta's instructions in the first post.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 01-18-2009 09:00 AM