Static noise when changing tracks manually and turning the player off

It’s quite irritating. I bought this player a week ago with the latest firmware and i get this static noises when changing tracks and turning the player off. It happens when i pause/play the tracks. Tried both with my Shure SE535’s and the stock buds that came with the player same thing. It’s quite inaudible with the sock buds but it’s still there. On top of that Sansa updater won’t install, get installation failed everytime.

What’s wrong?

1.) Very rarely does a new player come from the factory and out of the package with the latest firmware on it. I believe the problem you are describing was present in the original version, but fixed in a subsequent firmware update.

2.) You can update (or re-install) the firmware manually by following the simple directions and download link in the top stickied (shaded grey) post in this board. I wouldn’t bother trying to use the Updater. In fact, I’d recommend un-installing it altogether. 

1.) Very rarely does a new player come from the factory and out of the package with the latest firmware on it. I believe the problem you are describing was present in the original version (although it might have been the Clip Zip: I can’t remember exactly), but fixed in a subsequent firmware update.

2.) You can update (or re-install) the firmware manually by following the simple directions and download link in the top stickied (shaded grey) post in this board. I wouldn’t bother trying to use the Updater. In fact, I’d recommend un-installing it altogether. 

It was the Clip Zip that had this issue with the original firmware, but it could be beneficial to update the firmware here as well–it could take care of the issue.  

Didn’t work but o well.

Then return it. This is not normal. SanDisk provides a 1-year relacement warranty (2-years in EU). You only have yourself to blame if you do not take advantage of it.